Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone else's husband walk around in his underwear too much?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: Are these house appropriate?

Options:

Absolutely. Sexy.

Not at all.

He looks like a dork.

If they were colored, he might be okay.

I don't think it's an issue.

I'm jealous of you.

I'm sorry for you.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

My husband has this habit of coming home from work and walking around in his underwear. Which is okay...but he normally wears tighty whities...and I kind of don't want to see that all the time. He says most women would just LOVE to see him in those all the time. 

I know he's kidding, and I always tease him about wearing dorky undies...but...I'm kind of serious at the same time.

I took a pic of him walking around in them as a joke, and he gave me permission to use it to get a poll from most women. Am I right in thinking he should put some pants on? Or is he right?

Why do men love their tighty whities?!? Blech.

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I find those wrong to wear around the home esp with kids. They don't need to see that more then a brief peep if that makes since.
Growing up my dad never walked around in underwear I can count on 2 hands how many times I seen that and it was only right after a shower getting dressed for work.
Dh wears boxers around the house but wraps up in a blanket just in case until the kids go to bed.
stylishmom3579
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Yeah, I totally agree. Except we still only have a baby. So I don't think that it's so much of an issue with the kids yet. More of just a turn off. Lol.

Quoting lilmama8408: I find those wrong to wear around the home esp with kids. They don't need to see that more then a brief peep if that makes since. Growing up my dad never walked around in underwear I can count on 2 hands how many times I seen that and it was only right after a shower getting dressed for work. Dh wears boxers around the house but wraps up in a blanket just in case until the kids go to bed.

MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Dh wears boxer briefs ds is only 3 so it doesn't cover up yet unless ds demands it. But growing up my dad would get home and strip to his tighties on the bottom for a few hours every day until mom begged him not to...He did it once when my cousin and his hot friend were over....I was mortified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stylishmom3579
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM

HAHAHA

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: Dh wears boxer briefs ds is only 3 so it doesn't cover up yet unless ds demands it. But growing up my dad would get home and strip to his tighties on the bottom for a few hours every day until mom begged him not to...He did it once when my cousin and his hot friend were over....I was mortified.

RobinBright
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Eeek.  No briefs in this house!  

stylishmom3579
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Quoting RobinBright:

So jealous! All my husband owns!

MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM
I have a huge crush on the guy too, and I was 17. I just thought, welp...that's not gonna happen now. My dad just said, "what? it's my house!" That's when mom begged him to stop and he finally did... When friends were over.

Quoting stylishmom3579:

HAHAHA

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: Dh wears boxer briefs ds is only 3 so it doesn't cover up yet unless ds demands it. But growing up my dad would get home and strip to his tighties on the bottom for a few hours every day until mom begged him not to...He did it once when my cousin and his hot friend were over....I was mortified.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Yeah my Dh does it too...but he wears boxers so it's not quite as bad. lol. But still...would it kill them to put on a pair of PJ pants or something?!
RobinBright
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I'm sorry, lol.  SO has always been a boxer-brief guy, which I love because I hate the way regular boxers and briefs both look.  My fave are the shorter ones.   

Quoting stylishmom3579:

Quoting RobinBright:

So jealous! All my husband owns!

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

stylishmom3579
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mom2five87: Yeah my Dh does it too...but he wears boxers so it's not quite as bad. lol. But still...would it kill them to put on a pair of PJ pants or something?!

Lol! Exactly! I'm shocked my husband didn't get made fun of in college/high school for wearing these! Aren't they supposed to get wedgies or something? Lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)