Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would you do it all over again?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM
  • 44 Replies

If you could go back to before you had your children, would you have waited? Would you have children again.

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:12 AM
No because I didn't get an option is #1 I wasn't going to say no
And #2 no actually had we waited a few more years it would have been harder with #1 and would have made DH miserable
Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I would have waited...

I wasn't ready for a baby. My marriage wasn't ready for a baby. I ended up not going to grad school.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:38 AM

No, I wouldn't want to go back in time! I got the most wonderful daughter in the world. I went most of my life thinking I couldn't have children and I got my mircale child. :) She is the only one I can have. But Sometimes I do wish she was a twin. :) But It wasn't my choice in the baby making department. Lol I am happy right where I am. She will be 6 in October and in Kindergarten in August. She is my mini me! And I love her! 

pm.bm.89.221
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

The only thing I would have done differently is; I would have waited until after my husband and I were married. We had our son a year before we got married, we never really had any US time. It has always been about being the parents. I love my kids dearly and would never want to trade them, I just would have probably waited an extra year.. but here we are.. two years married and already 2 kids down. lol Guess life goes foward if your ready for it or not. lol

ER-momma
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have waited but I don't regret it
goodfriendeva
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Yes I would of waited. I had my son at 20. I was not mentally mature enough to handle what I was dealt with. I had him at 27 weeks and he stayed in the NICU for 3 months! I most definitely matured and surpassed many of young mothers maturity. It was hard not having someone who could relate to what difficult time that was. For the next 2 years with his health problems, ugh.. But I did it. It scared the crap out of me so when I had baby number 2, she didn't come until 6 years later. I love my babies just have to be greatful they are healthy now. Besides that bad expirence helped me become the strong woman I am today.

cupcake_mom
by KT on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I would not change a thing
mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I wouldnt of waited, I wanted a child with my dh. We were married and figured why not
Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM
While I didn't plan on getting pregnant at 18, and in many ways I wasn't ready to be a mother at that age, I wouldn't change a thing. I love my life now and if I would have changed anything, I wouldn't be where I am now.
MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I wouldn't have waiting. We had our first when I was 24 and my dh was 27. The only thing I would change is that the second time around i would have demanded to go to a reproductive endocrinologist instead of all the meaningless tests that the ob put me through that told them nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)