Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Longest time been away from kids?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 41 Replies

So I have an almost 3 year old and a 16 month old. They have only been on overnight away from me to grandmas house trips a couple of times. Well I am dying from morning sickness. Yesterday I couldn't get up except to throw up (my mom stayed with me to help). My husband is going to be out of town for a whole week and my mom offered to take the girls then and watch them at her house all week. The idea sounds good for the fact that i feel right now even meeting basic needs is ruff stuff but at the same time, a week is alot. What is the longest you have been from your kids and how old were they?

by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM

just over night trips/day trip and that was with my mom son was 2 1/2 daughter was  6 months

kbutton24
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Dd has stayed at my mother's overnight on two separate occasions.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM

DD was 2.5 yrs old when MIL took her for 2 weeks around the time I was due with my second baby. It made for a very quiet house, but DD had a blast and MIL kept us well informed on what they were doing. DS is 13 months and has only been away from me for a few hours at most. Tomorrow will be the longest I'll have been away from him when I go on an audition 3 hours away. 

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM

What is the audition for?

Quoting mrsniebo:

DD was 2.5 yrs old when MIL took her for 2 weeks around the time I was due with my second baby. It made for a very quiet house, but DD had a blast and MIL kept us well informed on what they were doing. DS is 13 months and has only been away from me for a few hours at most. Tomorrow will be the longest I'll have been away from him when I go on an audition 3 hours away. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 2, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Oh no, I hope you feel better.

My boys are 10, 7, and 5.  We've done 3 weekend trips without kids.  In June, we are leaving them for 5 days, and I'm ridiclously nervous. 

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM

a weekend..I PRAY for that to happen again. I love them dearly, but damn it I need a break NOW. 

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Thanks, hope your trip or whatever it is goes good in June :)

Quoting Courtney610:

Oh no, I hope you feel better.

My boys are 10, 7, and 5.  We've done 3 weekend trips without kids.  In June, we are leaving them for 5 days, and I'm ridiclously nervous. 

momoftwogirl55
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I have yet to be away from my 18 month old besides work days, but my 4 year old I was away from for two days, after my c-section.
I'm having another in 11 days, so I'll be away from both of them for two days, three days max.
They do come visit, but they go home at night with my husband.
theosgirl45
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The longest I have spent away from Lillian(6) is probably just a few hours.  I have never gone over 12 hours without seeing her.  With Jake(18months) its probably way less than that, maybe 6 hours.

Fawny3
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

My DD was 2 and she stayed with Mil for 2 nights which was also her first ever overnight stay anywhere. I was in town visiting family and didn't want to spend time with Dh's family plus I knew they didn't care about me and only wanted to see Lo, so it was a win win for everyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)