Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

(LAZY NIGHTS)What do you add to your hamburger helper to give it a taste!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
My friends and I were talking about different ingredients to add to hamburger helper to make it taste great and make a picky Eater eat it.I use turkey burger and I add cheese.What esle can you add to hamburger helper.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM

The only thing I can think of is veggies. We don't eat hamburger helper though, when we want that I prefer to make it from scratch.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I don't make it often but when we do I add cheese, salsa and sour cream lol.

VACUTIE24
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I think I'm going to try the sour cream.lol

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I don't make it often but when we do I add cheese, salsa and sour cream lol.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 9, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Me too.

Quoting k9l1c5:

The only thing I can think of is veggies. We don't eat hamburger helper though, when we want that I prefer to make it from scratch.

RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM
We don't do hamburger helper. I stick with ground turkey based dishes, such as tacos or spaghetti. If i need an easy and cheap meal then i take stew meat, usually pork, and fry it with potatoes, grated carrots, garlic, and spices. Sometimes i pour a little beer over the potatoes for added flavor.
VACUTIE24
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Do the kids eat the food with the beer in it I will feel bad if I did that.lol

Quoting RUMyMummy: We don't do hamburger helper. I stick with ground turkey based dishes, such as tacos or spaghetti. If i need an easy and cheap meal then i take stew meat, usually pork, and fry it with potatoes, grated carrots, garlic, and spices. Sometimes i pour a little beer over the potatoes for added flavor.
brittc789
by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I add chopped broccoli to it. When my DD asks what it is i tell her it's part if the flavor cause she's a picky eater and refuses to touch broccoli.
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM
The alcohol cooks off. And it isn't that much beer anyway.

Quoting VACUTIE24: Do the kids eat the food with the beer in it I will feel bad if I did that.lol

Quoting RUMyMummy: We don't do hamburger helper. I stick with ground turkey based dishes, such as tacos or spaghetti. If i need an easy and cheap meal then i take stew meat, usually pork, and fry it with potatoes, grated carrots, garlic, and spices. Sometimes i pour a little beer over the potatoes for added flavor.
VACUTIE24
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'm going to try that do you have anymore recipes.

Quoting RUMyMummy: The alcohol cooks off. And it isn't that much beer anyway.

Quoting VACUTIE24: Do the kids eat the food with the beer in it I will feel bad if I did that.lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)