Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How is your relationship with your mom?(really upset so f*** the punctuation)

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 36 Replies
I can't believe this horrible message my mom left on my voice mail. I am hurt every since I told her I got the job at Walmart she seems to have a nasty attitude I didn't hear her say congrulations she never really wanted what was best for me and it's sad. I'm really thinking about cutting ties with her on top of that she is telling coworkers at her job personal stuff she has to pay for me it's so embarrassing.I lost my job a month ago so I did ask her for help with certain bills .I asked my mom to help me get a ride to take my drug screen she would not do it and she lives with my aunt she pays my aunt 500.00 a month to live with her.My family is always talking about what I'm not doing to advance in my life how can I when I don't have the proper transportation to get around and ask for there help it's like it falls on deaf ears. The whole issue is my mom is upset because I will not let her mom in my apartment she is very disrespectful person my daughter loves her so much. I don't want to take that away from my child but my mom is negative energy and I don't need that right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM
My mom and i aren't speaking right now. It seems like every few years i have to cut ties because she can be toxic. Right now it's necessary because I'm pregnant and prone to preeclampsia. Keeping my blood pressure low is literally life or death at the moment.
erin708
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM
My mom wad an alcoholic and she missed out on my teen yrs. Shes been sober for 11 yrs and i treasure our relationship now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmmveggies
by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM

It's really hard that you have had to rely on someone who is obviously not trustworthy. She used your hardship as ammunition against you. You would know whether it's best to cut ties.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I hate mine. I think. I'm undecided. Hate is so strong, and I'm not sure she's worth the emotions in hating someone. Her birthday is tomorrow though and I'm not sure if I want to cry or scream or sleep all day.
Either way, our relationship is not good.
tobysmom103
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM

my mom is one of the most controlling people i know so no don't really have a good relationship with her plus she just called children services on me and downright lied about us.

cupcake_mom
by KT on May. 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I'm sorry momma. I don't really have a good relationship with my mother either
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM

My Mom and I have an on again off again relationship. Have you asked her why she is so negative about your new job?

VACUTIE24
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Yes, I have and the explanation she gave me was a lie the real reason is because if I'm not working she can move in my place to try to help me but the help is not genuine it's to be nosey .I let her watch my daughter for me and my bill container was open apparently she was going through my stuff while I wasn't home.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

My Mom and I have an on again off again relationship. Have you asked her why she is so negative about your new job?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Nothing I do is good enough for my mama...so I understand...We just tolerate each other.. There hasn't been a good relationship there for yrs
VACUTIE24
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM
The same here she is currently planning on staying with my sister.I don't get along with my sister she has done my mom over the years but as my it's ashame that she would stay with someone who is rude but my grandmother always told me 'A hard head makes a soft ass".lol

Quoting Reese2010727: Nothing I do is good enough for my mama...so I understand...We just tolerate each other.. There hasn't been a good relationship there for yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN