Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Excited about having this townhouse but now....

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am not sure where to really start decorating. We are all outdoors people so I would think I'd lean that way but since they are doing construction (replacing windows, siding, the shingles on the roof) I dont want to go and get new foot stones just to have them throw wood & nails down on it. So I was thinking about starting with our oldests bedroom and really make it FOR him instead of just a room he naps and sometimes plays in.

Thoughts??

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM
When we moved into our house, I started with the kids rooms. I did this because it would give them somewhere safe to play while we were doing everything else in the house, like painting, furniture set-up, unpacking, etc.

I would pick colors for the room and then buy pictures or those removeable stickers to give it something he likes. My sons room is blue, gray and white striped and then we added in a dinosaur bedset, dinosaur pictures, etc to make it more "him". It will also be easy to change.

How old is your oldest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM

He will be 2 in a few weeks

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: When we moved into our house, I started with the kids rooms. I did this because it would give them somewhere safe to play while we were doing everything else in the house, like painting, furniture set-up, unpacking, etc. I would pick colors for the room and then buy pictures or those removeable stickers to give it something he likes. My sons room is blue, gray and white striped and then we added in a dinosaur bedset, dinosaur pictures, etc to make it more "him". It will also be easy to change. How old is your oldest?

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would definitely stick with basic colors and stuff that is easy to change since he will change his mind a lot.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: When we moved into our house, I started with the kids rooms. I did this because it would give them somewhere safe to play while we were doing everything else in the house, like painting, furniture set-up, unpacking, etc.

I would pick colors for the room and then buy pictures or those removeable stickers to give it something he likes. My sons room is blue, gray and white striped and then we added in a dinosaur bedset, dinosaur pictures, etc to make it more "him". It will also be easy to change.

How old is your oldest?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I agree.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: I would definitely stick with basic colors and stuff that is easy to change since he will change his mind a lot.
Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: When we moved into our house, I started with the kids rooms. I did this because it would give them somewhere safe to play while we were doing everything else in the house, like painting, furniture set-up, unpacking, etc. I would pick colors for the room and then buy pictures or those removeable stickers to give it something he likes. My sons room is blue, gray and white striped and then we added in a dinosaur bedset, dinosaur pictures, etc to make it more "him". It will also be easy to change. How old is your oldest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)