Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Good Fictional Books

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hi I recently joined a summer reading program at my local library and have no idea where to start. I havent lesiurely read a book in 5 years. I am open to just about anything as long as the first chapter catches my attention. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks

by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Racheldp20
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM

The City of Bones series is amazing. Movie - seriously disappointing but the books are awesome. Uglies series. Anything by Rick Riordan. Jane Eyre and anything by Jane Austen if you're looking for classics. Anne of Green Gables series. Divergent series. Harry Potter. Eragon series. (I like fantasy if you can't tell)

AthenaRadhaGaia
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Unwind.the lovely bones.hunger games
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Divergent
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Any book by Neil Gaiman. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Neil Gaiman is amazing, the Dark Tower series is life-consuming. Both are dark(ish) fantasy.

tiffa5ny
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Definitely agree with the city of bones (mortal instruments series) I -might- have a countdown going for when the next book comes out in 15 days. There's always The Infernal Devices prequel to The Mortal Instruments, which starts with Clockwork Angel, but should be read second. Oh and I agree, movie was awwwful. Much love for Rick Riordans books as well as Harry Potter, always. And the Divergent series also, but I'm not sure I could ever read the 3rd book again. Reading Allegiant in my first trimester of pregnancy when I was super hormonal was a really bad idea. Lol. 5th Wave is pretty good as well.

Quoting Racheldp20:

The City of Bones series is amazing. Movie - seriously disappointing but the books are awesome. Uglies series. Anything by Rick Riordan. Jane Eyre and anything by Jane Austen if you're looking for classics. Anne of Green Gables series. Divergent series. Harry Potter. Eragon series. (I like fantasy if you can't tell)

Retrokitty
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Divergent
The uglies
Hunger games
The maze runner
Matched
booaura
by Aurabella on May. 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Anything by James Rollins.
Harry Potter series
Percy Jackson series
Twilight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on May. 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I would go with what they said. :) Or anything written by Charlaine Harris would be good. :) 

sarahmarie42915
by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Where to start...

J R Ward black dagger brotherhood
Lara Adrian Midnight breed
Fifty shades series
House of night series by PC cast
Anita Blake and merry gentry series by laural k Hamilton
Fever series forgot author
Lords of the underworld series by Gena showalter
Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs

Just some of my favorites.. There are a good hundred books there lol
Racheldp20
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, I was so upset with Allegiant. I loved it but I hated it at the same time. I'm glad it was better than Insurgent, which I thought was a step down from how great Divergent was.

Quoting tiffa5ny: Definitely agree with the city of bones (mortal instruments series) I -might- have a countdown going for when the next book comes out in 15 days. There's always The Infernal Devices prequel to The Mortal Instruments, which starts with Clockwork Angel, but should be read second. Oh and I agree, movie was awwwful. Much love for Rick Riordans books as well as Harry Potter, always. And the Divergent series also, but I'm not sure I could ever read the 3rd book again. Reading Allegiant in my first trimester of pregnancy when I was super hormonal was a really bad idea. Lol. 5th Wave is pretty good as well.
Quoting Racheldp20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)