Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Back to school-yay or nay

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 6:14 AM
  • 18 Replies
So I'm 22 and am planning to go back to school this fall...as in college just to clarify. Last time I was in school was high school and I did one semester of college after but issues got in the way so I dropped out...I also had my first daughter by then.

Anyway cause I was on public assistance they told me either I had to go to school or work cause I dropped out I worked which is what I had been doing these last 3 years. The plan was to go back in and it seems I kept pushing it away.

Now that I'm going back it's sinking in everything I'm gonna have to do. My hours have to be cut, my oldest daughter will also be starting school and I feel I'll barely get to see her cause I'll be working or in school. When I went to my college they basically told me it was going to be hard which I get but they said I'm at a disadvantage cause I haven't been in school for a while and now everything is harder to learn and I'm already a slow learner and I'm gonna need help but with work and my kids they didn't think that's possible. I just felt more insecure about going back that I almost don't wanna go back.

I don't know if it sounds childish or just petty but I'm just really lost now...I already dropped out once failing my first semester I don't wanna repeat that again.
by on May. 16, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 16, 2014 at 8:02 AM
You can do it. Will it be hard? Yes. But it will be worth the struggle in the end.

What are you planning to study?
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM

You can do it!!! It will be hard but in the long run it will be worth it! What are you planning to go to school for?

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM

If you really want to do it, I'm sure you can make it work! :)

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM
It will be woth it! You can do this.
JessiFaye
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM

It will certainly be hard, but if it's what you want, then it's worth it. Take advantage of tutoring programs. Most schools have them for free these days! And don't be afraid to ask your professors for help.

xoxoluvmylilboy
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I completely understand how you feel.I'm 28 years old i have 4 year old son and i work a full time job and go to school part time. I'm not going to lie to you it's very hard  a lot of the times i just want to give up but i know in the end it will all be worth it. Plus i've tried an online school before and dropped out which i'm still paying for the student loan today. It will be hard but just remember it's to give you and your family a better life. Your still young too. Just keep going and try your best. sometimes there may be a bump in the road but you will always over come it. I say you should still go but you have to decided whats right for you.

Sheila79
by Sheila on May. 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Child psychology

Quoting Courtney610: You can do it. Will it be hard? Yes. But it will be worth the struggle in the end.

What are you planning to study?
Sheila79
by Sheila on May. 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Child psychology

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

You can do it!!! It will be hard but in the long run it will be worth it! What are you planning to go to school for?

Sheila79
by Sheila on May. 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Thanks ladies for the support. I had an idea it would be hard but I'm the kind of person who always sees a light at the end of the tunnel and refuse to give up or accept defeat. That's why I chose to go back no matter what...I will definitely go back and just continue to remain positive and when I look back I'll remember all the support
mama2b100808
by Mandy on May. 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM
If my sil can do it single and with 3 boys you can. You are a strong mom. You can do anything that you put your mind too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN