Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Ever jealous of S/o coworkers?

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

So my hubby just took a supervisor position. Since then he has to work everyday with two other supervisors in different departments (they have to work hand in hand to keep things running, tech business). Well one of them is a single childless women that is my husbands age. I have met her once or twice and she is sweet, super bubbly and cute. They all work in one huge office so when they have to have supervisor meetings, they will go out to lunch to talk in private (along with the male supervisor not just her), which bugs me for one. The other thing is, is that they will talk via txt sometimes and she is always saying stuff like "your awesome thanks for getting whatever done" basically praising him not just saying thanks. I can have his phone whenever I want so i see them. He has never given me a reason to not trust him but this is just buggging me. 

Am I being a little crazy?

Do you ever get jealous of coworkers?

by on May. 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 2:58 PM

bump

amybrg86
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Oh man that'd be driving me crazy, too! Like I would have a serious problem with it. Especially the text messages----gotta say, kind of not necessary!! It's a little bit 'extra' in my opinion...  It's great that you have access to his phone though...and not to be a debbie downer, but you don't ever think that maybe he deletes any 'inappropriate' messages from her before you see them? Also, yes I have been jealous of my boyfriends co-workers (not jealous of them as in 'gosh i wish i was her', but of their work relationship/friendship). I STILL have an issue with them and he doesn't even work at that particular job anymore----but he is fb/instagram friends with all of them and has all of their phone numbers..  

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Ya I felt they were going out of the way too, but no I don't beleive that he has deleted any, since I can see the whole convo's they wouldn't make sense at all if he deleted any. Everytime she has made a comment like that he just doesn't say anything back except your welcome. And yes having access to his phone is a big one, just like he has access to mine, i feel every couple should. He doesn't have her on fb or anything and I know it is just for work but still....

Quoting amybrg86:

Oh man that'd be driving me crazy, too! Like I would have a serious problem with it. Especially the text messages----gotta say, kind of not necessary!! It's a little bit 'extra' in my opinion...  It's great that you have access to his phone though...and not to be a debbie downer, but you don't ever think that maybe he deletes any 'inappropriate' messages from her before you see them? Also, yes I have been jealous of my boyfriends co-workers (not jealous of them as in 'gosh i wish i was her', but of their work relationship/friendship). I STILL have an issue with them and he doesn't even work at that particular job anymore----but he is fb/instagram friends with all of them and has all of their phone numbers..  

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM
My husband works with a lot of females his age, it doesn't bother me.
ER-momma
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM
No I don't, I can't imagine how you must feel.
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Does he work directly with the same women everyday?

Quoting Courtney610: My husband works with a lot of females his age, it doesn't bother me.

4squadmama89
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM

no ur not being crazy, its natural to me... I used to get jealous of my husbands coworkers where he had work because 95% of the people that worked with him was females, and me and my husband would go out and i sware every female in the club we was at worked with him, and these girls just ran up to him and gave him a hug and say OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, and im just sitting there like wtf, and start looking all irk and stuff, but to me its just natural cause they have to talk alot..

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. My husband works with a few women, it doesn't bother me. He's my husband, and I trust him completely. No reason to be jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:15 PM
He's a branch manager of a bank and he is on his personal cell and work cell phones constantly, talking and texting. He works mainly with women, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Back when we were dating, he managed multiple health clubs and had women all over him. They would text, call, and ask him out all the time. That didn't bother me either.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM
I trust my husband 100%.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)