Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caution: Messy house

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
  • 29 Replies

How helpful is your S/O when it comes to keeping your home neat, tidy and clean?

DF (Brad) is pretty useless when it comes to housework, most of the time. He prefers yard work to cleaning. lol. I've been feeling pretty awful the last few days and been busy with work.. he's been at home.... but, nothing has been accomplished! Dishes are sitting in the sink AND dishwasher, because he hasn't unloaded the clean dishes.. even the "clean" light is on! 

His common excuse for houseworks is "I don't know what needs to be done" so I made a list. In the past 10 days he's managed to empty the dishwasher, ONCE! I think he deserves a gold-sticker (jokes) lol. 

by on May. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYnewmom81214
by on May. 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Jeff and I are actually pretty decent about keeping up with stuff except dishes. I must admit we do have a load of dishes that need to be done along with laundry that will be done tomorrow.

JG86
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I do pretty much everything in the house...but he works 55+ hours a week, and I only work 40, so I don't really expect him to do much lol. I keep it clean though.

He does most of the yard work.
MamaPeanut
by on May. 29, 2014 at 11:35 PM
He is really awesome. My husband will do anything I ask, without complaint, and if he noticed something obvious, he will take care of it. :)
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM
He sucks at it. Lol. However, there are times that he is awesome and totally does everything. He also does most of the yard work. He does the dishes and garbages and cleans the toilet routinely. I do everything else and honestly, i'm not super great at keeping up on everything but I do try.

What drives me absolutely insane is when I forget to put the fork in the dishwasher or something, and rather than just take care of it himself, he complains to me about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:55 PM
This is my husband too. He is awesome!

Quoting MamaPeanut: He is really awesome. My husband will do anything I ask, without complaint, and if he noticed something obvious, he will take care of it. :)
martini8787
by on May. 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM

If I make a honey-do list things get done but asking verbally never works I just sound like a nag. I also rage if things don't get done, sorry not sorry, I can't do many things anymore at 26 weeks along.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 30, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine too!

Quoting MamaPeanut: He is really awesome. My husband will do anything I ask, without complaint, and if he noticed something obvious, he will take care of it. :)
LeKendria
by on May. 30, 2014 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The most my husband does it clean the bath tub and he will wash dishes sometimes. He taught our 4 and 5 yr. old to take out the trash . If I forget to have them take out he will complain or do it himself. Although we do teach them responsibility they are just 4 and 5 I don't think it's a big deal if my husband has to take it out because I forgot to get them to do it. Their room is enough for them to clean.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on May. 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM

My husband and I clean together. But during the week it is mostly me which I like it that way. My daughter is doing chores now so that will help with her things she does. :) My husband cooks and I clean that mess up. :) 

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM
My husband is super awesome and helpful! He wasn't always like this, but in the past 5ish years, he's started to really help out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)