Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Have you ever had a cleaning service?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

Have you ever hired and cleaning service and if so was it worth the cost? I am really considering it (it would be my birthday present lol but that is what i want) but unsure if they are going to be worth it. My house is not messy but we do live on dirt roads, with dogs and i have two toddlers/am preggo so things can get dirty quickly... Would you reccomend trying one or not?

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM

b

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Oh and it would be for like a one time deal, as in deep cleaning really good
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM

u

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hmm, idk... I would call around and see who you can find and what their prices are and then decide if it is worth it. We have never had one, my mom used to get one when my sister and I were younger. I remember her telling me she didn't think it was worth the money she paid.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM

That is what i am worried about, i would hope it would be worth it but dunno

Quoting k9l1c5:

Hmm, idk... I would call around and see who you can find and what their prices are and then decide if it is worth it. We have never had one, my mom used to get one when my sister and I were younger. I remember her telling me she didn't think it was worth the money she paid.

Frances0923
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I would totally go for it
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Last semester we came very close to hiring a service, but I didn't want to have to vacate my house while they cleaned, and it felt weird to just sit here with strangers scrubbing my toilets.

When I go back to work we're definitely hiring some help, but until then, hubby and I will handle things.

We've used services during big moves (cleaned the house top to bottom after we moved our stuff out) and in GA that ran about $160 (tiny 2br duplex) and close to 200 euros when we moved out of our home in Belgium.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM

no ma am I sure haven't. :) 

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Did they do a better job than you would have? 

Quoting Simple-Beauty: Last semester we came very close to hiring a service, but I didn't want to have to vacate my house while they cleaned, and it felt weird to just sit here with strangers scrubbing my toilets. When I go back to work we're definitely hiring some help, but until then, hubby and I will handle things. We've used services during big moves (cleaned the house top to bottom after we moved our stuff out) and in GA that ran about $160 (tiny 2br duplex) and close to 200 euros when we moved out of our home in Belgium.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I never have but hopefully someone can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN