Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How can I get my daughter to sleep in her room?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
My 5 year old daughter waits until I am asleep and gets in my bed when she knows she needs to sleep by herself in her own bed.She is really starting to become defiant and is starting not to listen to what I say when I tell her she needs to sleep in her own bed. I feel like my room should be my place I work hard I should be able to enjoy my bed I can't enjoy nothing else because I work all the time I don't buy myself anything I don't hang out with friends.
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abelsbabymama
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Has something bad happen around her or your house? I never let my babies sleep in my room or in my bed so I can't really help you that much sorry
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:45 AM

I say keep putting her back in her room and her bed when she comes to yours. 

cupcake_mom
by KT on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do a reward system. Every night she sleeps in her own bed she gets a sticker. When she gets so many stickers she gets a prize, ice cream out with mom, a toy from the dollar store or something like that
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, good idea!

Quoting cupcake_mom: I would do a reward system. Every night she sleeps in her own bed she gets a sticker. When she gets so many stickers she gets a prize, ice cream out with mom, a toy from the dollar store or something like that

kellysparkles
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the sticker idea, too!  I was thinking of using a baby gate or something that you could put in your doors to keep her from either leaving her room or coming into yours.  Maybe try a sleepover idea, too, where you guys have a slumber party so she can see how cool her room is?  My DD isn't five yet so I'm really just taking guesses here.  Let us know how it works out!

Quoting cupcake_mom: I would do a reward system. Every night she sleeps in her own bed she gets a sticker. When she gets so many stickers she gets a prize, ice cream out with mom, a toy from the dollar store or something like that

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I'd just put her back in her bed and stay consistant with it. Have you tried asking her why she wants to sleep with you? Maybe she is afraid of the dark or has nightmares? Good luck!

VACUTIE24
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM
No nothing has happened in my home I always tell her positive things I read her good bedtimes nothing with monsters or anything.My stepfather passed away in 2012 and she has been wanting to sleep in my bed since then.

Quoting abelsbabymama: Has something bad happen around her or your house? I never let my babies sleep in my room or in my bed so I can't really help you that much sorry
abelsbabymama
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
It might be that she is sacred that something is going to happen to someone else

Quoting VACUTIE24: No nothing has happened in my home I always tell her positive things I read her good bedtimes nothing with monsters or anything.My stepfather passed away in 2012 and she has been wanting to sleep in my bed since then.

Quoting abelsbabymama: Has something bad happen around her or your house? I never let my babies sleep in my room or in my bed so I can't really help you that much sorry
Frances0923
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM

My son tried this at 3-4 years old. He would wake up in the middle of the night and try to sleep with me. I told him that I was going to take away his room and give all his toys away since he didn't want to sleep in it. 5 years later and he's never tried sleeping with me again :) 

VACUTIE24
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I think I need to try this stunt thanks for the idea.

Quoting Frances0923:

My son tried this at 3-4 years old. He would wake up in the middle of the night and try to sleep with me. I told him that I was going to take away his room and give all his toys away since he didn't want to sleep in it. 5 years later and he's never tried sleeping with me again :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)