Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Toddler eczema relief! HELP

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

My son has been dealing with eczema from the time he was a few months old. he is now 18 months and there are still extremely bad patches. We have tried prescription creams, lotions, baby oil, and eczema body washes and nothing has helped these patches. Do any of you mamas have a natural remedy or any advice as to what i could use? its too the point where it itches so bad he will cry. Thank you all in advanced!<3

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil. I use it on me and my boys.
LoveH523
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
I took my DD to the pediatrician for it because she breaks out in the sweat areas of her body. They prescribed her Hydrocortisone 2.5 and they told me to stop using scented everything. No lotions, no bubble bath, no scented soaps. So I buy aveeno lotions, soaps and sunscreen and she is fine. Sometimes she breaks out more then normal, so I use the aveeno oatmeal bath you can find any of the aveeno stuff at walmart, rite aid, babies r us! Before I took her to the doc I tried everything! nothing helped. Have you tried Aveeno?! Hope this helps!!
cupcake_mom
by KT on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil
sahm2shaina
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Nothing worked until I changed my daughters diet- we went gluten free - eczema is usually an allergy to either gluten, eggs or dairy
Mamaof2boys1214
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM

so normal pink baby lotion is no good? i use that on him after i put his eczema cream on cuz  the cream smells funny lol... ive heard of the aveeno but didnt know if it actually worked 

Quoting LoveH523: I took my DD to the pediatrician for it because she breaks out in the sweat areas of her body. They prescribed her Hydrocortisone 2.5 and they told me to stop using scented everything. No lotions, no bubble bath, no scented soaps. So I buy aveeno lotions, soaps and sunscreen and she is fine. Sometimes she breaks out more then normal, so I use the aveeno oatmeal bath you can find any of the aveeno stuff at walmart, rite aid, babies r us! Before I took her to the doc I tried everything! nothing helped. Have you tried Aveeno?! Hope this helps!!

Mamaof2boys1214
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM

he is a heavy milk drinker so that may be our problem. this is a dumb question but how can i tell what has gluten in it?

Quoting sahm2shaina: Nothing worked until I changed my daughters diet- we went gluten free - eczema is usually an allergy to either gluten, eggs or dairy

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything with wheat.

Quoting Mamaof2boys1214:

he is a heavy milk drinker so that may be our problem. this is a dumb question but how can i tell what has gluten in it?

Quoting sahm2shaina: Nothing worked until I changed my daughters diet- we went gluten free - eczema is usually an allergy to either gluten, eggs or dairy

LoveH523
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM
The pedi told me ANYTHING with scent will cause breakout. I've been using the aveeno since my DD was 6 months old and it hasn't failed, that is with her prescribed hydrocortisone on her skin as well! Maybe you could ask his pedi for hydrocortisone?! If that's not what your already using.
Quoting Mamaof2boys1214:

so normal pink baby lotion is no good? i use that on him after i put his eczema cream on cuz  the cream smells funny lol... ive heard of the aveeno but didnt know if it actually worked 

Quoting LoveH523: I took my DD to the pediatrician for it because she breaks out in the sweat areas of her body. They prescribed her Hydrocortisone 2.5 and they told me to stop using scented everything. No lotions, no bubble bath, no scented soaps. So I buy aveeno lotions, soaps and sunscreen and she is fine. Sometimes she breaks out more then normal, so I use the aveeno oatmeal bath you can find any of the aveeno stuff at walmart, rite aid, babies r us! Before I took her to the doc I tried everything! nothing helped. Have you tried Aveeno?! Hope this helps!!

Mamaof2boys1214
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM

ill have to get a different lotion then. but yea, we started at a low dose of the hydrocortizone and then after a 2 months got bumped up to a 2% hydrocortizone

Quoting LoveH523: The pedi told me ANYTHING with scent will cause breakout. I've been using the aveeno since my DD was 6 months old and it hasn't failed, that is with her prescribed hydrocortisone on her skin as well! Maybe you could ask his pedi for hydrocortisone?! If that's not what your already using.
Quoting Mamaof2boys1214:

LoveH523
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Do you have well water? I've also been told that if you have well water that isn't softened, obviously your water is too hard for your skin and can cause dry itchy skin. Which may be making his eczema worse.
Quoting Mamaof2boys1214:

ill have to get a different lotion then. but yea, we started at a low dose of the hydrocortizone and then after a 2 months got bumped up to a 2% hydrocortizone

Quoting LoveH523: The pedi told me ANYTHING with scent will cause breakout. I've been using the aveeno since my DD was 6 months old and it hasn't failed, that is with her prescribed hydrocortisone on her skin as well! Maybe you could ask his pedi for hydrocortisone?! If that's not what your already using.
Quoting Mamaof2boys1214:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)