Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Snack ideas for dd's party?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hey ladies,

well i was just windering if anyone could give me some good ideas of what to serve at dd's family party, we are havingg it around 6pm, and i kind of wanted to avoid the whole....serving a whole meal to everyone thing, i suppose if all else fails i could get pizza, any who

dd wants grilled cheese cubes, fruit salad and chips, lmao

Do you ladies have any easy cheap snacking ideaa for her party? Shes gonna be 6! ...thank you:)

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM
What's wrong with what she wants? Sounds like she has the right idea. Lol
butterfly61806
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I always let my dd control her bday get togethers. She gets a special night where we meet up with friends with a daughter her age then a family BBQ. She's kind of a picky water so she gets to pick a food shell eat and totally in control of cake.
shellybird
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM

6 falls during dinnertime, so if you do not want to feed everyone one make sure that you say on the invite, "Cake will be served" or "light snacks will be served" 

It is a pet peeve of mine to go to a party expecting food (pizza, sandwiches, etc)  and there is only chips, one time I went to a "cooking party" and they told us to come hungry and we all got 1 cracker with homemade dip on it that WE made and some carrots with a homemade dip.  I WAS STARVING!!!! 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I know right?! Let's have a party at dinnertime but I dont want to feed everyone a meal. Wtheck?! Lol

Quoting shellybird:

6 falls during dinnertime, so if you do not want to feed everyone one make sure that you say on the invite, "Cake will be served" or "light snacks will be served" 

It is a pet peeve of mine to go to a party expecting food (pizza, sandwiches, etc)  and there is only chips, one time I went to a "cooking party" and they told us to come hungry and we all got 1 cracker with homemade dip on it that WE made and some carrots with a homemade dip.  I WAS STARVING!!!! 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We serve pizza and chicken. For snacks we have crackers, cheese and sausage tray, veggie tray, chips and salsa, a variety of other types of chips, and potato salad. And then ice cream and cake.

Kbrygier
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Yes, i will let everyone know, i feel like everyone does pizza amd dd doesnt want pizza lol if you have any cheap fast ideas for dinner id be down for that too lol

Quoting shellybird:

i.love.my.life
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM
We always do chicken/burgers/hot dogs on the grill. We normally have a bring a dish to pass party if it's just family. Everyone loves it and we have a variety of snacks foods as well as a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliamson
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Finger sandwiches. Hotdogs. Party meatballs in the crockpot with spaghetti sauce. Mini sausages in bbq sauce. Fruit trays. Chips and dip.
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Having parties during normal meal times and not having meal food is wrong.

In that case I'd do it at 2 or 3 pm and have snacks. Finger sandwiches, salad options, chips and dips, drinks, cake
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Actually I like your DD's idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)