Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is this an okay girl name?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

So earlier I had posted something on baby names and now I thought of a new one that I think I want to use but I'm not sure if it's good. I know I should do what I want but I have gotten so much criticism on it. Okay here it goes and this name would be for a girl. Please tell me the truth on what you think.

Mack

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherJean1090
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM

meh i cant pic calling a girl that name sorry :/

hrl6530
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM
I like it what would the middle name be my youngest daughter I lost her at 19wks but I names her Owen Micheal

Quoting M.S.SuperMom:

So earlier I had posted something on baby names and now I thought of a new one that I think I want to use but I'm not sure if it's good. I know I should do what I want but I have gotten so much criticism on it. Okay here it goes and this name would be for a girl. Please tell me the truth on what you think.

Mack

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Is it short for anything? Mack by itself sounds masculine. Lets's say it short for Mackenzie, Makayla, or something along those lines, I think it would work.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM

It sounds more like a nickname to me, like maybe short for  Mckenzie or something.

nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

It's unusual, but far from the worst I've heard.

momager2two
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:23 PM
It honestly reminds me of mack trucks. Then my second thought was a nickname. But just mack seems like a boys name to me.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Yeah I do not like it.  What drew you to the name?

M.S.SuperMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Quoting hrl6530: I like it what would the middle name be my youngest daughter I lost her at 19wks but I names her Owen Micheal

I am so sorry to hear that. The middle name would be Marie (my middle name) Rose (my sisters) or Kathleen (my aunts name)

I'm not a fan of the name Mackenzie and people want me to name the baby Mackenzie if its a girl but I knew a Mackenzie who was mean to me when I was younger and I already have a Mackenzie in my family. I like Mack because it's simple and I also have a unique name so I thought it would be cool if I did have a girl for it to be unique like mine. :)

M.S.SuperMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yeah I do not like it.  What drew you to the name?

I like how it's simple and I like it for a girl because I like to hear when people have different names. I'm not one for going for lets say Ally or Sophie because those are sooooo common. I have a different name (Malayna) so I thought that I would give my daughter (if its a girl) a unique name.

M.S.SuperMom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Quoting nerdymom28:

It's unusual, but far from the worst I've heard.

Does that mean you like it!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)