• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nintendo

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am thinking about getting my six and five year older each a Nintendo ds.. im still a little worried I dont good idea or not??
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRush
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I would...there are so many educational games you can get them if that's what your worried about..plus it will be a toy they really like will show them to be responsible with something that is of more value.
Emmybrown
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I was thinking that aswell.. I might just wait till Christmas this year and just suprise them to having one each

Quoting MommyRush: I would...there are so many educational games you can get them if that's what your worried about..plus it will be a toy they really like will show them to be responsible with something that is of more value.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Worried about what? We bought our 6&7 years olds tablets in March and they are taking great care of them. There are so many fun educational apps out there.
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I think it's a wonderful idea. Dont listen to all the "video games cause violence". We have so much violence because people dont give a crap about eachother any longer. Its popular to be anti social and people cna proudly say things like "I hate babies" "just being around people annoys me" Why would your child think twice about killing other people when they hear things like that growing up?

Emmybrown
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Very true looking into it still getting ideas

Quoting CJsMommy92:

I think it's a wonderful idea. Dont listen to all the "video games cause violence". We have so much violence because people dont give a crap about eachother any longer. Its popular to be anti social and people cna proudly say things like "I hate babies" "just being around people annoys me" Why would your child think twice about killing other people when they hear things like that growing up?

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/10-best-nintendo-ds-games-for-kids?page=0

Quoting Emmybrown: Very true looking into it still getting ideas
Quoting CJsMommy92:

Emmybrown
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Thanks hun :)

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No problem :)

Quoting Emmybrown: Thanks hun :)
Quoting CJsMommy92:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM

I would if you think they can take care of them.

NativeMamaDuke
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Id wait till they are a little older and have a time limit like an half hour or an hour a day to play it. I let my nephew (5) play with mine a few times but stopped because he had absolutly no ears when he played for 1 and he wouldn't get off when asked for 2 and copped an attitude when I took it away for 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)