Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 9 Replies

Both my husband and I work, he is a city bus driver and I am the manager of a gas station. I will be changing stores soon and becoming the store manager of a new truck stop my company is opening which means I will be working the day shift, my husband currently works the day shift he goes in at 5am and gets out at 3pm, I currently go in at 5pm and get out at 1am so we haven't needed daycare yet. Our kids are 3, 2 and 11 months and with my new schedule at work I will need to go in at 5am and won't get out until 1pm. I guess I'm kind of clueless on what to do, I'll need someone to watch my kids from before 5am until I get out of work to pick them up. I've tried looking for daycare's around here and have come up empty. If it helps we live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:02 AM
My cousin lives there.
butterfly61806
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:06 AM
You're probably going to have to find a babysitter or home daycare. I worked in daycares for a couple years and most don't open until 6 or 630.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM
You're probably gonna have to find an inhome daycare or a stay at home mom possibly. Take a look on craigslist and post an ad for what you're looking for.
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I know aroubd here most place don't open till 6. You may have yo find someone to watch them at your house or theirs
JessiFaye
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM
That's a tough one. Even the home daycares here don't "open" until 6. I know there is a 24 hour place in my city, but I haven't checked it out or anything. Maybe search for a place like that?
RUMyMummy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Tulsa has a ton of daycares. Have you looked on CL yet?
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM

With those hours your best bet is going to be a home daycare.

ghettomama89
by Amber on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I found a lady that can start at 4:30am, I just need to drop the kids off at her house. She has two boys ages 11 and 2 and I told her my situation, she told me that she could help me and is always up at 4am so it won't be a problem. I'm so happy I have this behind me now and can look forward to my promotion at work.

Racheldp20
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I would try to find a reputable babysitter or nanny to just come to your home. You're going to want to look online and do interviews and check references. But I honestly think that's the best kind of daycare anyway. Someone that's just focused on your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)