Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want some advice - home situation going down the drain.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, this is the first time I've posted here but I'd love some advice. Here is my current situation: I'm 22, have a 13 month old son and my fiance and I live with my parents. At first, it was because we couldn't afford to live on our own. My fiance is now working a great job, making almost as much as my mother. My dad does not work at all. I am disabled and cannot work without losing my insurance, which I need right now.

Here's my problem: My mother and I fight, a lot. It's always some kind of argument. Stupid little things can start a full blown screaming match. I'm not saying it's all her - it's 50/50, we're both at fault. I am having some mental problems that I'm working on fixing at the moment and tend to snap easily and she's just always been a kind of "my way or the highway" kind of person. I'm doing everything I can to try to make her happy, it's just never enough. My fiance is fed up. He's ready to just leave because of all of it. It's not a good environment to raise a child in and I'm stuck. My dad states that if I leave he'll put all of the dogs down (we have 4 and me and my dad are the only two who take care of them) and I belive he will out of spite. I can't take them with me (he only wants me to take 1 but she's a pit bull and no one will rent to someone with a pit). I don't want to lose my dogs - or my parents for that matter - but I'm risking losing my fiance if I don't do something.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kissmiss213
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM

sounds to me like you are needing to move out. i cant help you with the dogs, but you need to get into your own place and not raise your child in a toxic environment.

Cayda
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Thank you for the comment. I agree, but do need to figure something out about the dogs.

Quoting kissmiss213:

sounds to me like you are needing to move out. i cant help you with the dogs, but you need to get into your own place and not raise your child in a toxic environment.

kissmiss213
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM

you could always rehome them. yeah, you would still loose them, but at least they would be alive.

Quoting Cayda: Thank you for the comment. I agree, but do need to figure something out about the dogs.
Quoting kissmiss213:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM
I would move out. See if you can rehome the dogs?
BradleysMom2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Why won't anyone rent to someone with a pit?

and I'd move out...

Cayda
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Around here it's a liability issue. Most companies won't allow it.
MamaPeanut
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Re home the dogs. Find them good homes. Work with a rescue organization if you need to.

Get out. ASAP. You are all suffering in that toxic environment.
mamalama898
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Sounds like your parents are trying to control you with the dogs. Leave, it's really your only option for a happy life.

mamalama898
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

You could take the dogs to the humane society and move out. That way at least there is a chance of them finding a good home.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM
This. Exactly.

Quoting MamaPeanut: Re home the dogs. Find them good homes. Work with a rescue organization if you need to.

Get out. ASAP. You are all suffering in that toxic environment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)