• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? EDITED

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
We are expecting number 4 in December. We weren't really trying but not preventing either, we have no issues supporting a fourth child so that's not a concern. The concern we are having is that we live in a tiny shoe box apartment. We will be adding a service dog come end of July and the baby in December. My husband can't handle small spaces well due to a total of 30 months in Iraq. He's already freaking out a tad knowing we will have less room in here soon. So our options are, move to a bigger place until spring 2016 and then buy a house. Or stay where we are and buy a house come spring 2016...the big issue is the small space for my husband who severally suffers from PTSD. I'm so torn, he won't help me much just says do what's best for everyone. So would you move for 2 years or stay and hope he can handle it?

Edit:
Guess I should add that the reason I'm so hesitant even my husband being hesitant Becuase in 10 years we have lived in 7 places within 20 miles of
Each other most the time not our picking to move but bad landlords, mold, ect. so we
Are struggling moving again to pick up and move again in 2 years.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VACUTIE24
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Can you and your husband stay with family and friends?
JessiFaye
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this
If you can afford it, I would move to a bigger place.
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I'd look for a bigger place until 2016. In fact I just did. I went from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom trailer. Good luck! I know it's not always easy finding places/moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Move to a bigger place, if you can!
Racheldp20
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Definitely move. Two years is a good chunk of time and if he can't handle it it's definitely worth it. I've lived in a too small apartment before when our baby was born and it was so stressful. I will never do that again.

BroCosMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:13 PM
No well maybe but space would be an issue again

Quoting VACUTIE24: Can you and your husband stay with family and friends?
BroCosMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:15 PM
It would be a tad tight for a few until the fall semester of classes start and he goes back to teaching, it's his second job

Quoting JessiFaye: If you can afford it, I would move to a bigger place.
BroCosMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Thanks I keep telling myself babies don't take up much room but in a year it will take up more plus the dog l could see it getting tight in here

Quoting Racheldp20:

Definitely move. Two years is a good chunk of time and if he can't handle it it's definitely worth it. I've lived in a too small apartment before when our baby was born and it was so stressful. I will never do that again.

BroCosMom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Thanks we would go from a 1000 sq ft max! 3 bedroom appt to a 4 bedroom 2700 sq ft house lol

Quoting Meg2011425: I'd look for a bigger place until 2016. In fact I just did. I went from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom trailer. Good luck! I know it's not always easy finding places/moving.
Racheldp20
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:10 AM

They do though! They have so much stuff, it's crazy. I guess you don't really need all that stuff, but just a crib and rocking chair alone takes up a lot of space. Living in that too small apartment was so claustrophobic.

Quoting BroCosMom: Thanks I keep telling myself babies don't take up much room but in a year it will take up more plus the dog l could see it getting tight in here
Quoting Racheldp20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)