Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am I overreacting??

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hi ladies! I am new to the site but would love some advice.

My 8 year old DD needs to have a tooth pulled and I guess as a mommy I am extremely nervous about her having to go through this procedure. My husband had 2 teeth pulled last year and said it was terrible, so I suggested that they put her to sleep but everyone is dismissing my nervousness.

I understand that this may be a routine procedure for everyone at the dentist office but im worried, anyway do you ladies think im overreacting? Has any of your little ones had to go through getting a tooth pulled? How was it? Thanks in advance for any help :)

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I think I'd e much more nervous with a child under anesthesia.
rachel216
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I think your kinda over reacting. ..children heal and deal with this type of stuff alot better then adults do. Its not a major procedure just a minor one. Im.sorry that every one is.completely dismissing your worries tho :/
5shadesofluv
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Quoting Courtney610: I think I'd e much more nervous with a child under anesthesia.

That does scare me also and I don't think I want that either, I may not be thinking clearly because I am nervous about what she will have to go through. I just don't want her to ave a terrible experience :/

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM
This. I wouldn't unless it was totally necessary.

Quoting Courtney610: I think I'd e much more nervous with a child under anesthesia.
5shadesofluv
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Quoting rachel216: I think your kinda over reacting. ..children heal and deal with this type of stuff alot better then adults do. Its not a major procedure just a minor one. Im.sorry that every one is.completely dismissing your worries tho :/

I'm just worried I guess, I don't want her put under. I just don't want her to have a bad experience...

rachel216
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Quoting 5shadesofluv:

Quoting rachel216: I think your kinda over reacting. ..children heal and deal with this type of stuff alot better then adults do. Its not a major procedure just a minor one. Im.sorry that every one is.completely dismissing your worries tho :/

I'm just worried I guess, I don't want her put under. I just don't want her to have a bad experience...

Id ask about your options to see if they dont have.to put her under. Maybe they can give her really good numbing medicine or even.laughing gas? Good luck with everything
5shadesofluv
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Thanks ladies! i guess I am overreacting or not thinking clearly. I DO NOT want her put to sleep because I do realize that isn't necessary. My mommy brain is just worried and I don't want her have a bad experience thats all....

5shadesofluv
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting 5shadesofluv:

Id ask about your options to see if they dont have.to put her under. Maybe they can give her really good numbing medicine or even.laughing gas? Good luck with everything

Thank you :)

Sheila79
by Sheila on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM
When I was a kid the dentist numbed my mouth before pulling my teeth. After the whole cleaning thing that was painful I didn't even notice when he numbed me.I was sleepy or anything just couldn't talk for about half an hour after the procedure so maybe you can try that
Sheila79
by Sheila on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Sorry I meant to say I wasn't sleepy or anything

Quoting Sheila79: When I was a kid the dentist numbed my mouth before pulling my teeth. After the whole cleaning thing that was painful I didn't even notice when he numbed me.I was sleepy or anything just couldn't talk for about half an hour after the procedure so maybe you can try that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)