Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

where is the line drawn?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have 2 screenshots from what I posted on Facebook yesterday. Photos in comments
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Facebook

Part 1
jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Facebook

Part 2
Amber1225
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM
It would be contradicting if the christian church approved gay marriage....... And no I do not think birth control should be paid for by anyone other than the woman/couple taking it. It a personal choice to be on birth control and should be paid for by you. Jobs don't pay for any other medication so why birth control? Being open on a Sunday has nothing to do with anything, there are many religious stores open Sunday. Your faith isn't measure by going to church or being closed on certain days or anything except how devoted you are to God and sharing his word with others. This really doesn't even make much sense. Business owners have every right to refuse service to someone, especially if it goes against their beliefs. Nobody would expect you to do something you did not believe in so why should someone who wrks hard or feels as if God gave them success not speak or act on their beliefs.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I think this part of the post is confusing. I am ok with churches not allowing gay marriage. But what about non religious establishments? Should a baker who's job is to bake cakes for whoever pays him not make one for gay couples?

Quoting Amber1225: It would be contradicting if the christian church approved gay marriage....... And no I do not think birth control should be paid for by anyone other than the woman/couple taking it. It a personal choice to be on birth control and should be paid for by you. Jobs don't pay for any other medication so why birth control? Being open on a Sunday has nothing to do with anything, there are many religious stores open Sunday. Your faith isn't measure by going to church or being closed on certain days or anything except how devoted you are to God and sharing his word with others. This really doesn't even make much sense. Business owners have every right to refuse service to someone, especially if it goes against their beliefs. Nobody would expect you to do something you did not believe in so why should someone who wrks hard or feels as if God gave them success not speak or act on their beliefs.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
strawberryLVR
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I think it's ok for a church to have standard beliefs that they don't allow this or that, but business's I don't feel should make it their business. 

jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM
This basically sums up my point

Quoting strawberryLVR:

I think it's ok for a church to have standard beliefs that they don't allow this or that, but business's I don't feel should make it their business. 

Amber1225
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM
A regular employee..... No, but if it goes against their beliefs that is their choice and right to refuse.. And they also have to deal with the consequences that follow. The owner however should have every right to decide who they want to serve and who they don't want to serve. Most homosexuals do not walk around with a sign that says hey I'm gay so more than half the time there is not an issue.

Quoting jeramiahsmom808: I think this part of the post is confusing. I am ok with churches not allowing gay marriage. But what about non religious establishments? Should a baker who's job is to bake cakes for whoever pays him not make one for gay couples?

Quoting Amber1225: It would be contradicting if the christian church approved gay marriage....... And no I do not think birth control should be paid for by anyone other than the woman/couple taking it. It a personal choice to be on birth control and should be paid for by you. Jobs don't pay for any other medication so why birth control? Being open on a Sunday has nothing to do with anything, there are many religious stores open Sunday. Your faith isn't measure by going to church or being closed on certain days or anything except how devoted you are to God and sharing his word with others. This really doesn't even make much sense. Business owners have every right to refuse service to someone, especially if it goes against their beliefs. Nobody would expect you to do something you did not believe in so why should someone who wrks hard or feels as if God gave them success not speak or act on their beliefs.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I guess I can't understand why someone could be that judgemental when it comes to gay marriage.
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your opinion limited to baking cakes? Should an EMT be able to choose not to treat a pregnant teen because it's a sin to have premarital sex? It's also safe to assume that at some point every person has told a lie, and that's also a sin, so should people be able to discriminate based on that? 

Jesus didn't ask anyone if they were gay before he fed the 5000. Do you think Jesus would approve of discriminating against people because they happen to sin differently than others do? Doesn't the bible say that EVERYONE is a sinner? How quickly Christians forget his commandments...

It's a slippery slope. If the law allows business to discriminate against people base on their personal beliefs, it works both ways. You'll have Muslims refusing to serve Christians, Jews refusing to serve people who wear mixed fabrics and eat bacon.

This is why separation of church and state is such a great thing. You're (general you're) welcome to believe that being gay is wrong, but so is divorce and a slew of thing things in the bible, but your opinion stops at the end of your nose. It is wrong to force others to live their lives according to your personal belief system. Freedom of religion includes freedom FROM religion. 

Quoting Amber1225: A regular employee..... No, but if it goes against their beliefs that is their choice and right to refuse.. And they also have to deal with the consequences that follow. The owner however should have every right to decide who they want to serve and who they don't want to serve. Most homosexuals do not walk around with a sign that says hey I'm gay so more than half the time there is not an issue.
Quoting jeramiahsmom808: I think this part of the post is confusing. I am ok with churches not allowing gay marriage. But what about non religious establishments? Should a baker who's job is to bake cakes for whoever pays him not make one for gay couples?
Quoting Amber1225: It would be contradicting if the christian church approved gay marriage....... And no I do not think birth control should be paid for by anyone other than the woman/couple taking it. It a personal choice to be on birth control and should be paid for by you. Jobs don't pay for any other medication so why birth control? Being open on a Sunday has nothing to do with anything, there are many religious stores open Sunday. Your faith isn't measure by going to church or being closed on certain days or anything except how devoted you are to God and sharing his word with others. This really doesn't even make much sense. Business owners have every right to refuse service to someone, especially if it goes against their beliefs. Nobody would expect you to do something you did not believe in so why should someone who wrks hard or feels as if God gave them success not speak or act on their beliefs. Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1 Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them." 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Amen!

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

Is your opinion limited to baking cakes? Should an EMT be able to choose not to treat a pregnant teen because it's a sin to have premarital sex? It's also safe to assume that at some point every person has told a lie, and that's also a sin, so should people be able to discriminate based on that? 

Jesus didn't ask anyone if they were gay before he fed the 5000. Do you think Jesus would approve of discriminating against people because they happen to sin differently than others do? Doesn't the bible say that EVERYONE is a sinner? How quickly Christians forget his commandments...

It's a slippery slope. If the law allows business to discriminate against people base on their personal beliefs, it works both ways. You'll have Muslims refusing to serve Christians, Jews refusing to serve people who wear mixed fabrics and eat bacon.

This is why separation of church and state is such a great thing. You're (general you're) welcome to believe that being gay is wrong, but so is divorce and a slew of thing things in the bible, but your opinion stops at the end of your nose. It is wrong to force others to live their lives according to you personal belief system. Freedom of religion includes freedom FROM religion. 

Quoting Amber1225: A regular employee..... No, but if it goes against their beliefs that is their choice and right to refuse.. And they also have to deal with the consequences that follow. The owner however should have every right to decide who they want to serve and who they don't want to serve. Most homosexuals do not walk around with a sign that says hey I'm gay so more than half the time there is not an issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN