Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Was I wrong to ask for this?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

4yrs ago my grandmother passed away she has cancer and got a cold and ended up passing away it was out if the blue she was doing great and no one expected it so she never got around to doing her will .well I am the only granddaughter and I am getting married next month and it would mean the world to me to have my grandmothers wedding rings.i asked my dad and asked him to talk it over with my uncle and if they were ok with it.my dad said he was fine with it and says my uncle should have no problems with it.i feel guilty asking but I would love to have them.my dad said he believes my uncle and aunt were planning on giving them to me anyways but idk I feel bad.was I wrong?

thanks Mamas.my dad said that he will get them from my uncle and bring them with him when he comes for the wedding.im very excited to have her rings.i just didn't want my brothers or cousins to feel like they had to be ok with me getting them since I am the inky granddaughter.I wanted to make sure everyone was ok with it.and thankfully they are :)

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM
No. It nevers hurts to ask.
sheila5050
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Its better that they go to someone who will truly appreciate them. Sounds like you do. :)

flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I don't think it was a bad thing to ask, at all. 

Hanab818
by Hana on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:32 PM
No you shouldnt feel guilty.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM
No, you shouldn't feel bad at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymously3
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I really would. I just don't want my brothers or cousins to feel like I'm taking them just because I was the only granddaughter.my dad and uncle said I can have them but I still feel bad

Quoting sheila5050:

Its better that they go to someone who will truly appreciate them. Sounds like you do. :)

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I think you are fine!! I'm sure everyone else is getting something cool they will appreciate! It's best they go to someone who will love them as much as your grandma did!! :)
sheila5050
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Don't feel bad! Sounds like you would have got them anyway. Just enjoy. :)

Quoting Anonymously3:

I really would. I just don't want my brothers or cousins to feel like I'm taking them just because I was the only granddaughter.my dad and uncle said I can have them but I still feel bad

Quoting sheila5050:

strawberryLVR
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM

no! Don't feel bad, that is perfect that they should go to you!!  congrats on getting married!  XOXOX

emitremmus
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Don't feel guilty, if your family members have a problem with it they'll probably say so but I don't think you should feel guilty for wanting an important piece of your grandmother

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)