Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am i just being ...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
Naive? Im with a man whom I never have lives with who took awhile to say I love you (im not complaining ) but has mentioned marriage three or four times and has even asked me to marry him ( without a ring and without being sober so does that even count?) But he seems genuinely interested in getting married but says he doesn't want to for awhile but when it comes up he always says when not if. Am I naive to think we will get married?
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
threat
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:58 AM
I wouldn't say naive... more like hopeful. there's nothing wrong with having hope, just be sure that he's truly the one that you want to marry and spend the rest of your life with.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 2, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I wasn't sure my man was going to marry me. I almost went 5 years wondering if we ever will. We finally got married and this Friday will make 2 years married. Keep hoping that one day will come before you know it. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I wouldn't say naive. How long have you guys been together?
strawberryLVR
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

he needs to get his crap together for you to take him seriously! Good thing you don't live with him or it WILL take forever for anything to happen. read the book " he's just not that into you"

Jrom
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM

So what are his fears with marriage or your relationship?  What's holding him back?  Also, in what ways do you act married already and what ways do you not?  Usually, the more a couple acts like their married, the less motivated one might become to actually getting married.

- Jrom828

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM

No I don't think so. Have you asked him when he thinks he will be ready?

Lazerbeam9911
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM
We dont act married at all. We dont live together we dont argue about things married ppl would argue about he doesn't have belongings in my apartment we have only met parents twice. We dont see each other every day or even every other day. We dont talk on the phone we just send texts.

Quoting Jrom:

So what are his fears with marriage or your relationship?  What's holding him back?  Also, in what ways do you act married already and what ways do you not?  Usually, the more a couple acts like their married, the less motivated one might become to actually getting married.

- Jrom828

Jrom
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the clarification, and I'm glad to hear that.  Maybe you just need more communication and clarification then on this marriage matter.  What is he thinking?  What is his timeline?  How serious is he about marriage?  Does he have any fears?  Is he trying to get all his ducks in a row first?  Talking through this stuff more might help and even help the whole of your communication throughout your relationship together.

-Jrom828

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN