Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Birth control question

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 27 Replies
What do you have and why? I am trying to find the best one for me. Since i am almost 6 weeks post partum.
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emitremmus
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have implanon (little arm stick thing) its worked well for me for the last 3 years. Only downside was heavy periods for the first couple months.

countryblonde
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the patch and it worked awesome for me. I liked it because Ionly had to change it once a week so it wasn't like the pill which I can be really bad about forgeting. The downside is I believe it has more hormones then the pill
Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I've tried pill, patch, and shot. Neither were for me. I spotted all the time with the shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly61806
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have mirena first time I had it no period until I took it out to get pregnant. This time around totally different heavy period almost twice a month finally after a couple months back to normal flow.
Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I use the pill. It was really just personal preference.

Krizzle01
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried the patch before and it was okay. My insurance didn't cover much so it was pretty pricey lol that and I constantly had to check if the patch is still on my skin. So I went on the pill and I was happier with it. I took it with the rest of my vitamins so no issues with forgetting to take them. Tomorrow is my 6 weeks visit and will definitely get back on it.
mnkymommy08
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I had Mirena between having DD#3 and DS and loved it. I'm on the mini pill right now because I'm still breastfeeding but plan on going back on Mirena when he is weaned. I didn't have my period for the 4 1/2 yrs I had Mirena in, had it removed a month before DH got home from deployment and a week after he was home we were pregnant.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have my tubes tied now but I have used the pill, shot and patch. I got pregnant on the shot with my ds and I got pregnant with dd while on the pill (which I was awful about remembering so I know that was totally my fault). I preferred the patch out of all of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EverleighsMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm currently on the pill because it's the easiest thing for me
bc19
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the mirena, and for the most part I love it. The first two months were rough, and every now and then I get crampy but for the most part I am happy with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN