Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What age/stage is the worst/best? *poll*

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: What stage is/was the hardest for you

Options:

Newborn/infant

Toddler

School age

Preteen

Teenager

Adult (never grew up lol)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

What stage is the best or worst to you and why. I have a 3 yr old, 18 month and am due in December so I have not much to judge on but I am told that toddler stage is the hardest is it true?

by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM

bump

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM

b

Night_Roane
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this
No way. Five is MUCH harder. Back talk, sass, meltdowns, mood swings, plus they're pretty sure they know more than you. And all that DRAMA. 18m was an easy cake walk in comparison.

We're talking about a kid who can slam doors and say mean things but has decided they're old enough to do what they want. It's like having a teenager, only a younger, more limited teen so the drama happens more often. Plus they're not too old to be embarrassed about a crying tantrum.

Every day is an adventure lol.
Night_Roane
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I'd probably break school age up a bit. I'm told that 8-9 is a pretty level age.
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I think it gets more complicated as they get older. DS is almost seven and each stage has gotten more challenging.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Personally, I thought newborn was the hardest. The lack of sleep and problems with breastfeeding is what got to me. Every year, it seems to get easier than the year before. So right now at age 4, it's been the easiest and most enjoyable than any other. 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Every stage has new and different challenges. It seems when my oldest is out of a difficult stage my youngest is starting. But that's what I get for having them 15 months apart. Lol So far 7 has been hard. My older son was very moody and whiny. He is almost 8 now and it's leveling out again. My youngest is almost 7 and it's hitting him. Ugh! I think my favorite stage is newborn and age 2.
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM

With my first I thought the newborn stage was easy. Then comes the second, Nicu baby, then bf'ing issues also (i had to pump for the first three months uggh), a bout of rsv and colic. It makes me a little scared for this next baby.

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Personally, I thought newborn was the hardest. The lack of sleep and problems with breastfeeding is what got to me. Every year, it seems to get easier than the year before. So right now at age 4, it's been the easiest and most enjoyable than any other. 

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Mine are 15 months apart also :) my second and third should be exactly 2 years apart.

Quoting PeaceMuch: Every stage has new and different challenges. It seems when my oldest is out of a difficult stage my youngest is starting. But that's what I get for having them 15 months apart. Lol So far 7 has been hard. My older son was very moody and whiny. He is almost 8 now and it's leveling out again. My youngest is almost 7 and it's hitting him. Ugh! I think my favorite stage is newborn and age 2.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 8:38 PM

:(

Quoting RUMyMummy: I think it gets more complicated as they get older. DS is almost seven and each stage has gotten more challenging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN