Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would it bother you for someone to pop your child?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 28 Replies

So my brother is a total jerk and it's a well-known fact, but he's stooping to new lows lately playing favorites among the nieces and nephews. At my mom's, my daughter reached for the blinds to push them aside to see out the window where my dad was, and my brother smacked the crap out of her hand and told her not to touch that. My mom doesn't care if she touches those blinds - they're the vertical kind and don't have a cord or anything to get her hung up in, so IDK why he decided he was the blinds ruler or whatever. Plus, all he had to do was tell her no and she'd have stopped. Yes, she's 2, but she minds VERY well, especially at others' houses like that. That wasn't even the worst part, though - my 5yo niece did the same thing and he didn't tell HER to stop or not touch or smack HER hand. WTF?

Would it bother you for someone to smack your child for something? What about doing it to yours but not to another for the same thing?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM

It would have been a huge issue for me. How old is your brother, I would have had words with him.

booaura
by Aurabella on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Hitting a child is NEVER ok, and if ANYONE hit one of my children, they would not be welcome around them again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM

He's almost 30, old enough to know that's not cool. I told him all he had to do was tell her to stop and that if he was gonna make her stop, he should make all the kids stop. I also told him if he ever laid a hand on my child again, I'd lay my hands on him. Have you ever dealt with anyone so... IDK the word for it? but someone like THAT before?

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

It would have been a huge issue for me. How old is your brother, I would have had words with him.

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Yeah, the only time I've ever popped her hand was when she'd picked up a folded up pocketknife my brother left on the table. I didn't even think then, just reacted, and she dropped it instantly. I'm still just flabbergasted by him smacking her like he did and over something as harmless as parting the vertical blinds to look out the window at her grandfather??

Quoting booaura: Hitting a child is NEVER ok, and if ANYONE hit one of my children, they would not be welcome around them again.

acer.acerpori
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I would have smacked him...
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Yes it would have bothered me.
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM

In hindsight, I wish I would have! I was truthfully just so shocked that he'd smack her hand that I just was frozen, I guess.

Quoting acer.acerpori: I would have smacked him...

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM

What would you have done then or later?

Quoting Courtney610: Yes it would have bothered me.

katemckenzie
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have smacked him, and told him DONT TOUCH THAT. Probably would have continued to do it throughout the day every time he touched any miscellaneous item.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Oh I would have been so upset considering I don't spank.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)