Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tattoo after c-section..need info and opinions

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 17 Replies

I had my son exactly a week ago through cesarean. I'm very anxious to get a tattoo that I've had planned for my son. I visited the tattoo parlor yesterday and my artist brought up a good point. He asked if it was a good idea to get the tattoo while my body is already in overload trying to heal from my section. And then also questioned that if it was done would it slow down the process to heal my body and the tattoo. I'm curious if any of you ladies have come across this same question. I did call my doctors office in hopes a nurse will call me back but I would love to hear what all of you think. I'm on the fence about it so it ultimately would be what others think and mainly what my doc/nurse says. 

have any of you asked this same question to your doctor or just went ahead and did it?

what was the outcome?

opinions?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM
My doctor told me when I was thinking about it to wait my 6 weeks. But ultimately it's your decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
martini8787
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I would wait. Also, are you going to breastfeed? If you are, I have read that waiting until baby is weened is the best time since there is a possibility of passing something to baby. 

SeymoreButts
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM
You should wait until you are healed. Also you should wait until you are done breast feeding
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM
It's best to wait until you are healed and done breastfeeding if you are.
Love_H523
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

No breast feeding.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I would wait till baby is at least 6 weeks and you are healed up.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I would wait until your body has healed from delivery.

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Question #1 how much pain are you in now?
#2 have you ever had a tattoo before?
#3 where is the tattoo going?

I ask those questions because I know how much pain I was in after my c-sections and how it was difficult to sit in certain positions. I also know how much I tensed up during my tattoo on my ankle.
I personally would NEVER do it after my c-sections. Not till like 4-6 months after.
bcauseimthemom
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Wait until after your six week check up.  It is better to err on the side of caution.  Make sure you bring it up to your doctor and get their opinon....

Vinterland
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
That is major surgery, you should wait until you heal from that in case anything goes wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)