Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What trip and when?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
So my dh and I have been talking about taking the kids to Disney right after Christmas/new years this year but my mom want us (no kids) to go on an all inclusive trip next march/April ish.

So here's the debate:
Go to the adult only trip next year and wait another year for the Disney trip or only do the Disney trip.

Ages of our children for Disney this year will be 8,4,18months.

(Hope this makes sense :) )
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
We've only done Disney once, but my kids were 2, 4 and 7. It was a fun trip, but exhausting. Hey had an absolute blast. That was 3 years ago. The oldest kind of remembers, but the younger 2 don't.

I just got back from an all inclusive adults only trip to the Riviera Maya. It was wonderful. I still feel guilty that my kids aren't getting a big vacation this year, because we did it without them.

I loved our adult only trip. I also loved our Disney trip.

I could not vacation with my mother, so I'd vote Disney.

I think I'm just talking in circles and not making a whole lot of sense. Have you told the kids that you were thinking about Disney? Would you feel guilty if you skipped the Disney trip this year?
mnkymommy08
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
We did Disney when our girls were 4,5 and 6. Wish I waited until they were a little bit bigger. Very exhausting trip. Now that we have DS (he is 7 1/2 months old) it will be a while before we go back. That being said the girls are going on a Disney Cruise with my mom and MIL in October.
SKW86
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would wait till the kids are older, myself. especially with an 18mo old.

Lindsey1112
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:05 AM
I did a Mexico trip with my mom and sister a couple years ago and it was amazing just wished my dh would of came.
My mom wants another trip since this past year she has battled cancer and won :) she wants a relaxing trip.

Think we will wait to go to Disney. And take a trip for ourselves. We have never been anywhere with just us.

This kids never knew we were going to tell them at Christmas time. That was going to be their gift. New luggage and Disney stuff little things like that :)

Quoting Courtney610: We've only done Disney once, but my kids were 2, 4 and 7. It was a fun trip, but exhausting. Hey had an absolute blast. That was 3 years ago. The oldest kind of remembers, but the younger 2 don't.

I just got back from an all inclusive adults only trip to the Riviera Maya. It was wonderful. I still feel guilty that my kids aren't getting a big vacation this year, because we did it without them.

I loved our adult only trip. I also loved our Disney trip.

I could not vacation with my mother, so I'd vote Disney.

I think I'm just talking in circles and not making a whole lot of sense. Have you told the kids that you were thinking about Disney? Would you feel guilty if you skipped the Disney trip this year?
Lindsey1112
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of it being just crazy exhausting with a 18month old.
We might wait another year. Thanks

Quoting mnkymommy08: We did Disney when our girls were 4,5 and 6. Wish I waited until they were a little bit bigger. Very exhausting trip. Now that we have DS (he is 7 1/2 months old) it will be a while before we go back. That being said the girls are going on a Disney Cruise with my mom and MIL in October.
GodsAmiga
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love a trip with just my dh! But we did just do a family trip to Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea which we all loved! Our kids were 5, barely 4, and 13 months. It was super fun and even our littlest had a blast on the rides!  :-) 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

If it was me I would do the adult trip first and then wait a year so your little one could enjoy it too. :) 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I might wait another year for Disney so your youngest can remember it.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I would wait until all of your kids will remember it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do the adults only trip!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN