Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

mixed emotions... and i feel bad about it.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

today my mother in law and father in law went to a dr appointment. either on the way there or maybe on their way back its unclear at this time, they had a blowout and hit 2 cars and a semi truck. they are fine thankfully. i am happy about that and im not worrying about them since i got the ok that they were fine

we went to a concert on saturday, first time ive really been away from my kids since my son was born almost 3 years ago. they went to my nephews birthday.. thing, it was just cake and ice cream. well on the way home my father in law drove (they were watching the kids) he wont be able to handle my daughter crying so my mother in law held her in the front all the way home! (yes i was mad at this... although i didnt say anything, i know she knows i disapprove) she is 7 months old.

now all i keep thinking s what if this happened on saturday with my babies in the car (because i have a feeling my son probably wasnt buckled in either..although i cant be 100% positive on this) this wasnt just a they hit a car thing, they had a blowout this could have happened at anytime!

now i have to replace 2 carseats and im thinking about that, and i am thinking of the things i have in their car (we live with them so some things are in there, son and daughters toys, some papers of mine, misc things.)

i know they are fine so im not as worried for them at the moment tomorrow they will probably feel it.. but... i feel so badfor having all these things on my mind instead of just them and their wellbeing.. s/o is on his way to see them right now.. gah am i such a horrible person???!!!

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SleeplessMom007
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Ah....calm down take in a deep breath... fact is all you stated were facts ok until you knew they were ok you were worried and more than so prayed they would be ok....next the doctors back with good news minor scratches and bruise's.... ok so here is the part your beating yourself up on... yes what if this and what if that but thing is it didnt happen.... and never keep quiet when it comes to your kids so let them know how you feel about the way they ride your kids in the car give them tips on how you get them to be quiet and sit down buckled in correctly in there seat you know like what song do u play that keeps the 7 mon old to stay calm is there a favorite toy..... ok and yes fact is you do have to replace certain items so if you use them every day then yes it is normal for that to cross your mind its fine process it write it down so you will know what items were in there so you can know what you need to do...so in fact you need to think about what all you had in the car...so before you kick yourself when your down your fine your not a horrible person your pretty normal and seem very level headed actually 1 the in laws welfare 2 putting yourself through the what if process 3 organizing your thoughts 3 replacing lost or damaged items....so honey your alright by me just make sure you speak up for your kids because your their voice for now and it save a lot of what if moments

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM

You're not a horrible person at all! I would be thinking the same way and be very angry they let my kids ride like that when there are car seats in the car.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I don't think that sounds horrible at all, I can see myself thinking the same things.

Racheldp20
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Your reaction is very understandable. I would be furious if my kids were driven around like that and it's not cheap replacing car seats and such. I honestly would not let them drive my kids around anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN