Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

THE IN-LAWS

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have the type of in-laws that seem like a cult...the old man is controlling and arrogant he isolate his wife all the kids live next door (like seriously they cut through a trail in the yard and the mom and dad stay dead center) well i for one dont believe in that and we move out of the town period... so now they say i turned him against them and what we have is not love and i guess he need to come move back home.... now i dont even visit and his family is not welcome to my house... i know some are saying im wrong but no im not... at his dad birthday party his dad made motions as if he was slapping and punching my child (at the time 2 month old ) while saying all kind of nasty words and had the nerve to look at me and tell me i wasnt gone go a thing about it...well i did do some thing about it i keep me and my kids from his house and him and his family stay away from my house....but my question is how do i get my husband to not feel like he has to choose between us because i told him he can go to his family functions the kids and i would go on a date but he wont go because i wont go....and im not going ...but i hate that he feel he has to choose and i know it must really suck to have a wife and kids and not be able to have them around your mom and dad.....aaahhhhh! WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER! (KISSING HIS PARENTS ASS IS NOT AN OPTION!)

by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Do what you are doing, tell him it is ok to go. I would not go either and he knows how his parents are. Why he may be upset it sounds like he understands. I guess to me there is nothing you can do and just let him feel how does and get through it.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is his family but sometimes when people are like that they don't need their family. 

My mother was/is just like this. I cut her out and dealt with my own little family. I will not put them through what I was dealt with when I was younger. It wasn't a choose them it was the fact what makes them happy in life. 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep doing what you are doing. Not sure there is anyway to make it any easier on him until he figures out for himself that they are toxic people.

SleeplessMom007
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

THANKS YOU ALL! I really feel better knowing im really not the blame cause for a second there he made it out to be all my fault cause his people would call and make him feel bad (like mowing his parents yard...so he would have to drive almost and hour to cut they grass and his brother stay next door)....until i started telling him his family next move against us and i was right he seen that i wasnt making this stuff up i just stepped down and let them overload their tails and at that time i had cut myself off from them but i would go with him and just sit outside in the truck now im not going period

Hanab818
by Hana on Jul. 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Just contuine to tell him hes free to go. Its his parent that are making him feel this way not you. Just keep doing what you are doing. He needs to get to the point where he realizes it is them making him feel like he has to choose.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I agree.

Quoting k9l1c5:

I would keep doing what you are doing. Not sure there is anyway to make it any easier on him until he figures out for himself that they are toxic people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN