Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Birth control UPDATED

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

Which birth control method do you use? Have you had any side effects etc. I'm have an appointment at the doctors and don't know which birth control i want yet. I definitly don't want the pills.

UPDATED: I just came from the doctors and i ended up getting the Nuvaring. Can someone explain to me how it works and when to put it in etc. I've asked my doctor and i beilive on the 3rd day of my period i put it in, and 3 weeks later i take it out to get a new one. Do i put that one in right away or wait until my period is over??
by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Unfortunately, I never responded well to any birth control options, but I had an evil uterus. I had a hysterectomy.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Hopefully someone else can be.
ChelseaR963
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I had mirena before me and my hubby tried to get pregnant. I know there is alot of "conversation" about it but I had no problems with it. No side effects.

mlw2013
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I did the Nuva ring but I had no idea of the affects it had on me breast feeding. But now that I'm not, I love it. Its helped with my periods and cramps. Also has made them way shorter
barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Loved the Nuva Ring, Depo made me gain weight like crazy.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I've always used the pull out method but here is a bump.

xoxoluvmylilboy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM

lol thats what got me my lovely little boy now. thank you!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I've always used the pull out method but here is a bump.

Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I've tried pills, patch, depo.. hated them all. With the depo I spotted all the time. We have been successful with tracking and pull out method.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WineMom24
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Condoms. I was on the pill last year but DH lost his job and benefits so I could not pay for it anymore. He is working again so hopefully he will get his benefits back soon.
xoxoluvmylilboy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

omg i'm glad he's working again.  you need benefits

Quoting WineMom24: Condoms. I was on the pill last year but DH lost his job and benefits so I could not pay for it anymore. He is working again so hopefully he will get his benefits back soon.

logansmom0322
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM

i have the nexplanon implant (in arm). my first two periods lasted almost 2 weeks and i have almost no sex drive but dont most birth controls do that? ive heard some people dont even get periods while on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)