Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Needing some input

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
Okay so I know this may be a topic nobody can help me with except my doctor. But I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue as me....

For about a few weeks now I've been having pregnancy symptoms but I'm on birth control called mirena I've had it in for about two years now. Why would I be feeling this way now wouldn't it of made me have these symptoms before? I have a two year old daughter now and I can't remember what I felt like while I was pregnant with her, any ways I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all came back negative, I have a doctors appointment on August 6th and it's killing me inside not knowing if I'm pregnant or if it's just my birth control. My fiance and I would be very happy if we were to be pregnant but I just want to know!!! Have any of you ladies experienced anything like this if so share your results!

Thank you for listening ♡
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RenaissanceSoul
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM

not personal but i have a close friend who lived with my mother and I who was on the same, a few months later she had the most convincing pregnancy syptoms, it seemed to be normal to the doctor and subsided though,but it was insane, you would have sworn she was pregnant.

Court112
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM

My friend had pregnancy symptoms and it turned it she had to have surgery for something I cant think of it off the top of my head but it was a common surgery nothing to serious. 

PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Could simply be enough of the hormone has built up in your body now or something has changed to give you those symptoms now. My advice? Don't stress and try not to get your hopes up. The appointment will give you some info one way or another, and maybe even the surprise good news of a pregnancy, but don't really focus on that or you may be disappointed.

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM

While on Mirena I had pregnancy symptoms EVERY single month during the time my missing period normally would have been (if had I not stopped bleeding). It was awful.

Check your strings.

Raynas_mommy
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm not getting my hopes up for a pregnancy. I just have no idea what is going on.
Linard-1991
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I have the same Issue. I kept missing my period, and I would feel exactly like I did when I was pregnant.

My doc said it's normal. He said If i have multiple Negative tests then I'm not pregnant. I've had my IUD for 2 years. Its kind of annoying at times. Sometimes I get my period , Sometimes I don't. Sometimes it last 3 days, Sometimes it last 7 days. Sometimes it comes Early , Sometimes It comes late. I also Haven't had cramps with my period In the last 4 years. So unless I'm looking at my calendar I never know when my period is coming.

I guess don't stress.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)