Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your mother in law and yourself?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
  • 238 Replies

How well do you and your mother in law get along?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Very well
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM

How well? Did you always get along?

Quoting StreetsAhead: Very well

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Very well we really like each other. We have always gotten along. Ever since we were introduced apparently I'm a lot better than other GFs DH use to date :)
My family live abroad so getting on with his family is a priority for me. They were so excepting of DS as well, he calls them Grampy and Gu :)

Quoting mama2b100808:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM

that is wonderful! Best inlaws ever. :) I met my mil the first time and I seen the light in her eyes like she knew I was the one for her son. I saw her light up. 2 months later we told her we was having her grandbaby and she told him right there she knew I would be the one that stays and give her her first and last grandchild by him. P.s. she has 7 grandkids. The last 2 are so close in age. my daughter wasn't the last one lol

Quoting StreetsAhead: Very well we really like each other. We have always gotten along. Ever since we were introduced apparently I'm a lot better than other GFs DH use to date :) My family live abroad so getting on with his family is a priority for me. They were so excepting of DS as well, he calls them Grampy and Gu :)
Quoting mama2b100808:

erin708
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM
We got along great. She passed away last yr. My dh and i have been together sice i was 16 so she was a second mom to me. After my fil passes away four yrs ago, i took over her finances and dr appts. I miss her stubborn ass terribly. Lol. She deserved to watch her grandkids grow. My odd was very close with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophiasMommy911
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
We get along well, we like each other. Im currently learning spanish so my dh doesn't have to be our translator lol
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your inlaws. :( How did she pass? I mean if you don't mind talking about it.

Quoting erin708: We got along great. She passed away last yr. My dh and i have been together sice i was 16 so she was a second mom to me. After my fil passes away four yrs ago, i took over her finances and dr appts. I miss her stubborn ass terribly. Lol. She deserved to watch her grandkids grow. My odd was very close with her.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
That is so awesome that you are learning for her. :)

Quoting SophiasMommy911: We get along well, we like each other. Im currently learning spanish so my dh doesn't have to be our translator lol
SophiasMommy911
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Thanks! :)
She knows some broken english and tries so its only fair i do the same lol

Quoting mama2b100808: That is so awesome that you are learning for her. :)

Quoting SophiasMommy911: We get along well, we like each other. Im currently learning spanish so my dh doesn't have to be our translator lol
erin708
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
She battled cancer for six yrs. She waa diagnosed in 2007. My fil was diagnosed april 2010 and he passed june 2010. Both of lung cancer from his smoking. They were in their early 60s.

Quoting mama2b100808: I am so sorry to hear about your inlaws. :( How did she pass? I mean if you don't mind talking about it.

Quoting erin708: We got along great. She passed away last yr. My dh and i have been together sice i was 16 so she was a second mom to me. After my fil passes away four yrs ago, i took over her finances and dr appts. I miss her stubborn ass terribly. Lol. She deserved to watch her grandkids grow. My odd was very close with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)