Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Hello All!" -An Introduction (who would want to read this?!)

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Moms!

I'm Dianna, and although I joined back at the end of June, my stomach is finally feeling strong enough again that I can jump on the computer more often!  :)

I am 20 weeks along in my first pregnancy. So I am due sometime in early December. My husband and I are waiting with anticipation for that day to discover whether the Lord has blessed us with a little boy or girl, who so far seems very healthy.

And my driving thought of the day rests on the topic of "Diapers: disposable or cloth? That is the question..." I've been doing some research, though I've been finding other mother's comments on articles to be more helpful than the actual articles. And currently I am leaning in the direction of giving cloth a try, perhaps after the first 6 months (I'm familar with the disposable, and I figure this being our first child any familiarity will be a good thing in the first few months). Now I'm looking towards researching the logistics of the diapers, i.e. types of cloth diapers, absorbtion options, dirty storage, care of, etc. So if anyone has any good pointers or links to resources, that would be great!

Thanks!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Welcome to the group Dianna! Congrats on your first pregnacy! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to a 5 year old daughter. Her name is Brianna. And I am married to the soul mate. 2 years but we have been together for 7 years. I have been on cafemom for about 6 years. We live in Louisiana. I hope you love it here. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Welcome to the group, I'm Courtney. My boys are 10, 7 and 5.

I cloth diapered. There are a few cloth diaper groups on here, they would be helpful. :)
Dianna323
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Thanks to all!  And I will have to check out the cloth diaper groups. Thanks, Courtney!

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My only tip is Luvs holds in baby diarrhea VERY well!

Dianna323
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Thanks, KREX0914! I appreciate the tip!

booaura
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm currently 20 weeks with twins, I'm due 12/10. Disposable diapers for me. Since I'm having twins, I'll have enough to deal with without learning how to use diapers correctly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dianna323
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Hi Booaura!

We have similar due dates! I've been told December 5. Though I am only having one. Being our first, I am happy to only have one. I couldn't imagine that chaos with twins right away. Are they your first? Good luck with them, either way! Yes, I figured for the first six months I'd stick with disposables until I get used to being mom, then give the cloth a try.

booaura
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM
If you quote people, it shows them that you're responded to them :)

No, they aren't our first, we have three other children, they're 4, 2, and 6 months. Thanks, I'm going to need it. It's been a hard pregnancy already. I just want to make it to the end, whenever that is.

Quoting Dianna323:

Hi Booaura!

We have similar due dates! I've been told December 5. Though I am only having one. Being our first, I am happy to only have one. I couldn't imagine that chaos with twins right away. Are they your first? Good luck with them, either way! Yes, I figured for the first six months I'd stick with disposables until I get used to being mom, then give the cloth a try.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dianna323
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Ah ha! Thanks for the tip. :)

Wow! Well, good luck and God bless! It's so nice to hear of people who are having larger families.

Quoting booaura: If you quote people, it shows them that you're responded to them :) No, they aren't our first, we have three other children, they're 4, 2, and 6 months. Thanks, I'm going to need it. It's been a hard pregnancy already. I just want to make it to the end, whenever that is.
Quoting Dianna323:

Hi Booaura!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)