Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel looked down on because of your age?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  • 41 Replies

Sometimes I feel like people judge me because I'm a younger mom... like they think I should have waited to have my daughter. 

Have you ever felt like you were being judged for being a mom at a younger age?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kLynch315
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Yes. I had my first very young and I felt that way for a long time. She's in fifth grade now, and I've just learned to push those thoughts aside. I'm a good mom. I'm an educated mom. I am no less than the older mom's.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
No.
mommyflaw
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Of course. I get dirty looks when my husband and I are out and about, and people constantly feel the need to ask me if I know what causes it. Smh. My children are happy, healthy and have everything they need and a lot of what they want. I know what kind of mother I am so I don't let it bother me anymore.

k9l1c5
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I have rarely felt this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Definitely. When I had my daughter, I was 16. Either people gave me horrible judgy comments, or they'd say how nice it was that I spent time with my little sister. However, people didn't know me or know the situation, so I just bit my tongue and remembered that I did what was right for me in a horrible situation. After that, though, people pretty much kept their judgments to themselves. Until they find out I'm getting my tubes tied at 24, now everybody keeps telling me I'm making a horrible choice and I'll regret it. x.x So, people always find something to talk about.

AllAboutAmaya
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Every day! My DD will be starting kindergarten next month and I plan on being really active in her school and activities and I feel like the other moms will judge me because I'm so young (22).
bressmommy2012
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I sure do. I'm 21 and have three kids, I'm a single mom now though.

Frances0923
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Yes, I was 19 years old when I had my son. 19 looking 16 btw (babyface). I actually faught a girl in college because she told me that I should be home with my son instead of in class for 4 hours. That was years ago and the same girl apologized years later on facebook because she knew I was in College to make a better future for me and my little booger. That bit*h Lol 

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 23 but get called a "teenage" mom all the time ... I just look young.

A few months ago I was staying at Ronald McDonald House while my daughter was having surgery. The receptionist asked if I brought my mom with me because "even if you are the patient's parent you have to have an adult in the room with you" ...

I wouldn't change having my girls this young for anything. The older the parents are the higher the potential for various health problems, and they both already have health problems as it is. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Eh, maybe? Honestly, if people were to judge me for starting my family at 19, that's their problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)