• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goodwill, Salvation Army, Yard Sales, etc.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just recently started coming back to CM so if this post has been done before, sorry, I missed it.

I was just wondering if anyone was uncomfortable shopping at consignment stores, yard sales, etc.?

I am all for it. I always go to our local Goodwill for school clothing, and we have many facebook groups here that sell their used items. I just got most of my son's school clothes on there for $40! Some still had tags on them!

I know some other people feel differently about used clothes so I just want to know your opinion and why!

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJs
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I'm a thrift store shopper. If I buy new it's from clearance racks. I'm kind of cheap. Lol
mommyflaw
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I won't buy used carseats or anything like that but I don't mind used clothes if they are in good condition. I just wash them first.

k9l1c5
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I am fine with used clothes. If I am buying new I normally buy from clearance also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I don't mind used clothing from people I know, but I won't go to a garage sale etc and buy them. I'd rather purchase new from the clearance rack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I love buying used and saving money. I actually just bought 9 pairs of jeans for my son($225 worth) for $25. A couple still had the tags on them. I'm hoping to find a good deal like that for my other son but even if I don't I have already saved a ton!
ciarass
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Theres a couple of good shops near me...I'm all about saving a few bucks. I've caught great deals on brand new items with the tags!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I'm all for it. I love going to the local Goodwill they have great prices.

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Nearly everything I buy is second hand. I even prefer second hand furniture, except mattresses.

The nice thing about used clothes is they are pre-shrunk and the colors won't bleed like new clothes :)

JessiFaye
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM
We have a local kids consignment store that I adore. I always find brand new stuff there for dirt cheap. And I love yard sales! I find so many great toys and clothes for my little guy. I hate paying full price for stuff he'll outgrow or stop playing with in just a few months.
JG86
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM
I don't shop at places like that. I wouldn't want my kids wearing something used from someone I don't know. I donate most of my kids old clothes to salvation army though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)