Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making New Friends

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I guess I'll start with a little background. I have very few friends. When I was pregnant with my first child, a girl who I considered my best friend was trying to convince my husband (then boyfriend) to leave me and be with her; she was sending pictures, calling, and texting him almost everyday. After that I pretty much stopped trusting other women and I left my boyfriend over it. After some time apart we got back together and we both removed this woman from our lives, but even after this I had trouble making new friends. I guess you could say that I was afraid that any woman I befriended would try to steal my husband. I don't feel that way anymore and I am ready to make some new friends.
I know this is fairly long, but I joined this site to meet moms and women who are around my age that I have things in common with. So... Let's be friends lol. You can find me on Facebook or Instagram or vine. I'm not a twitter person though. My username for Instagram is molllymcleod and I'm on Facebook as Molly Aguilar McLeod. I look forward to meeting y'all and getting to know some of you.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emmybrown
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I'm in the same boat. . But my thing is once I had children and a boyfriend I wasn't that wild crazy person .. and my so called friends don't like who I am now.. so I have no friends

Quoting mollymcleod: I guess I'll start with a little background. I have very few friends. When I was pregnant with my first child, a girl who I considered my best friend was trying to convince my husband (then boyfriend) to leave me and be with her; she was sending pictures, calling, and texting him almost everyday. After that I pretty much stopped trusting other women and I left my boyfriend over it. After some time apart we got back together and we both removed this woman from our lives, but even after this I had trouble making new friends. I guess you could say that I was afraid that any woman I befriended would try to steal my husband. I don't feel that way anymore and I am ready to make some new friends.
I know this is fairly long, but I joined this site to meet moms and women who are around my age that I have things in common with. So... Let's be friends lol. You can find me on Facebook or Instagram or vine. I'm not a twitter person though. My username for Instagram is molllymcleod and I'm on Facebook as Molly Aguilar McLeod. I look forward to meeting y'all and getting to know some of you.
indywrapmom
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Hello!! That's why I joined as well! I will add you on Facebook :) I love meeting new people that I have more in common with. I'm in the same boat!
bressmommy2012
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I know how you feel, I don't have very many friends and just served my husband with divorce papers and left him. My kids and my mom are the only people I have, I don't see eye to eye with my dad and we don't talk but my mom is great and supports me the whole way.

I had a friend that was messing around with my husband and when I confronted her she lied to me, we are no longer friends and my husband admitted to having sex with her while I was in the hospital having our baby.

mollymcleod
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. It's one of the reasons that I have trouble trusting women to be friends.

Quoting bressmommy2012:

I know how you feel, I don't have very many friends and just served my husband with divorce papers and left him. My kids and my mom are the only people I have, I don't see eye to eye with my dad and we don't talk but my mom is great and supports me the whole way.

I had a friend that was messing around with my husband and when I confronted her she lied to me, we are no longer friends and my husband admitted to having sex with her while I was in the hospital having our baby.

bressmommy2012
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Thanks, I'm the same way I have a very hard time trusting women to be friends with. She knows what she did and karma will get her. I only have a handful of friends and going to do a better job picking my friends from now on.

Quoting mollymcleod: I'm sorry to hear that. It's one of the reasons that I have trouble trusting women to be friends.
Quoting bressmommy2012:

mollymcleod
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I know. Karma will get her. Personally, I don't hate her and I have forgiven her. I just want nothing to do with her.

Quoting bressmommy2012:

Thanks, I'm the same way I have a very hard time trusting women to be friends with. She knows what she did and karma will get her. I only have a handful of friends and going to do a better job picking my friends from now on.

Quoting mollymcleod: I'm sorry to hear that. It's one of the reasons that I have trouble trusting women to be friends.

Quoting bressmommy2012:

savypaige92
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm Savannah, I'm a 21 year old SAHM to a beautiful 18 month old girl named Everleigh Rose and I'd love to be friends with you! I'll add you on facebook (I have instagram as well although I don't use it all that often)
mollymcleod
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Thanks girl!

Quoting savypaige92: I'm Savannah, I'm a 21 year old SAHM to a beautiful 18 month old girl named Everleigh Rose and I'd love to be friends with you! I'll add you on facebook (I have instagram as well although I don't use it all that often)
Mamabear94
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Hi, I'm Brittney! I'm 20 and have a two year old girl. We live in Pennsylvania, you? I don't really have any friends either.
Ecookson
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Hi, my name is Emma. I'm 25. I have a 4 year old boy and a one year old boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)