Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Self Hating People

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM
  • 3 Replies
My husband's aunt likes to talk badly about single moms. Especially those who've had multiple kids with different men. Her relationship with husband in fact has suffered because I was a single mom when he and I started dating. In the beginning, she tried bad mouthing me and dh stood up for me. So they arent as close as they used to be. This woman doesn't care why someone is a single mom nor may she knew why. It doesn't stop her from saying mean things.

The reason I don't let this bother me and the same reason dh's doesn't let it bother him is his aunt did the same thing! She has 3 daughters and a husband. Her older daughters are from one guy. The youngest is from another. She married her husband when her daughters were 16, 15 and 8 inthink. They are older now. It's like she hates on people just like her so she can feel better about herself.

Even though she goes out of her way to ignore dh and I, I realize she is just a sad and miserable woman who hasn't accepted her own mistakes.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mama2b100808
Friends are not what they say there are. After 15 years you would think it would be okay. Well I was proofing wrong again!
Yesterday at 7:46 AM
by Mandy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM
My own mother did this. And she put me down because I am married with one child by the man I am married too. Her and my father never married. She has 5 kids all by 5 different men. Only married 2 out of them.
hoping4agirl424
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Everybody makes mistakes so whether or not they pay for it is on them. I would say I have been in your shoes but for a different reason (skin tone wise), but hey stuff happens. Whether she wants to makes her self suffer by putting her relationship on the line is on her. I know its family and all but sometimes family never really enjoy others decisions and try to put the family placement on their judgment, but I say the heck with it. I was raised by a single mother and say power to the women (and men) who are willing to go the extra mile and take care of their kids with no one else.

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I can relate on a different level as my MIL has issues with the fact SO and I had a baby young before marriage, but she did the exact same thing with a whole lot more mistakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)