Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to work!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 21 Replies
I've been a SAHM for about 4 months now and I've decided to go back to work because we need the money. I'm going to be working nights (3-10:30) my husband works mornings so it will help with having to get babysitters. Anyways, now my husband is going to have to make dinner for our son, give him his bath and get him ready for bed. I do this every night. I feel that I'm going to come home every night with nothing accomplished. Anyone gone back to work with something similar that actually worked out?!
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't work but if something needed to be done my husband would see that it got done. It is just the way he is. Plus he does the cooking anyways. And our daughter is old enough now to bath herself all we need to do is check on her. 

BriannaKirby
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I came home last night to a naked, non bathed son that just ate a pb&j for dinner. He's 16 months old.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I don't work but if something needed to be done my husband would see that it got done. It is just the way he is. Plus he does the cooking anyways. And our daughter is old enough now to bath herself all we need to do is check on her. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Oh my god. :( bad daddy! 

Quoting BriannaKirby: I came home last night to a naked, non bathed son that just ate a pb&j for dinner. He's 16 months old.
Quoting mama2b100808:

BriannaKirby
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Yeah, and the worst part is I'm over here like at least he gave him food. Hahaha.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting BriannaKirby: I came home last night to a naked, non bathed son that just ate a pb&j for dinner. He's 16 months old.

Quoting mama2b100808:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Lol very true! 

Quoting BriannaKirby: Yeah, and the worst part is I'm over here like at least he gave him food. Hahaha.
Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:59 PM
It sounds like it will take him some time to adjust.
Krizzle01
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Sounds like what DH would do lol

I'm sure he will adjust once he gets the routine down.

Quoting mama2b100808:

BriannaKirby
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2nd night of work I come home to a baby who he let sleep for 4 hours so of course he woke up in the middle of the night wanting to play. This mama needs sleep haha!
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM

No. But I go back in 2 weeks and I'm horrified!

BriannaKirby
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I think I'll start cooking before work so he can just heat it up for dinner along with setting out pj's!

Quoting KREX0914:

No. But I go back in 2 weeks and I'm horrified!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)