Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Finally stopped breastfeeding

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

OK, so I thought i was going to get lucky and have  my breast look perky and stay the same size that they were or at least go back to my pre pregnancy size.. BOY was i wrong.

they not only went small... BUT they went super small....

And to top it off, no joke I have had the worst cramps and my period has been going on for 2 weeks already. Even before i had gotten preg my period never lasted more than 4 days if that.. is that normal?

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:12 AM
It's normal. Give it a little time for your body to reset
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Is this your first post pregnancy period? It can take a while for your body to regulate, unfortunately.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM

It's normal. :) You just have to give your body time to get back to normal for you.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

It takes a few cycles to regulate. My first few periods were really heavy and longer than usual. It's normal.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM

You need to give your cycle some time to get back to normal.

cbuck88
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

totally normal. my first period after I stopped breastfeeding was soo bad. I almost went to the ER cuz the pain from cramps were so bad! I had no idea it could get that bad. :( 

Q.Khaleesi.C
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM

thanks ladies, this is probably my 6th period since I had my daughter.. i also have the birth control that is put into my arm. when i first got it put in.. i had a period.. but not this bad..

this sucks.. I will stop bleeding and cramping and then a day later I get it 2xs worst.. the struggles we go thru by being a women.. banging head into wall

Q.Khaleesi.C
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Courtney610: Is this your first post pregnancy period? It can take a while for your body to regulate, unfortunately.

no this is like my 6th period post birth... but it is my first since i stopped breastfeeding

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:26 PM

My aunt went from a pre-pregnancy C, to a nursing DD, back down to an after-nursing A

If your periods are only 4 days long you should count your lucky stars! My mom's are 10 days long!

Q.Khaleesi.C
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Eh I never have had small boobs, well I did when I was 17 .. but now that I am a mom it would be nice to be somewhat attractive with nice boobs and a butt.. I lost everything with this pregnancy!

Quoting KREX0914:

My aunt went from a pre-pregnancy C, to a nursing DD, back down to an after-nursing AIf your periods are only 4 days long you should count your lucky stars! My mom's are 10 days long!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN