Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM
  • 21 Replies
I need opinions. We will be a fam of 6come feb. We sold my car to help pay off some debt so we could afford a newer car. I need oppions SUV or mini van and what yrs. We don't want to break the bank but this will be my car for a long time. If I can I work it into a budget I want brand new but adding two more kids to the mix I don't see it possible at the moment.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I have a Nissan Armada and I love it!! We have 4 kids ages 8 months-6 yrs old. There's plenty of space in the back for stroller, groceries, backpacks etc. I drove it from Ft Bliss TX (El Paso) to Rockingham NC, from Rockingham NC to Plymouth MA and then out to Ft Sill OK this summer and it was awesome. The kids have plenty of room on the seats even with them being in boosters and the baby in an infant seat. Mine is a 2013 but when I bought it in October of last year we had no debt other than DH's car payment and with our tax refund we paid off what was left on DH's car. My payments are only $269 a month but I put a substantial down payment on it. If you are looking for something. That's better on gas and not as expensive I would suggest the Honda Pilot or the Toyota Highlander. Both sre pretty similar to each other as far as amenities go but the Highlander tends to be a bit cheaper. They both get wonderful gas mileage and have tons of cool stock options. Plus they both last forever. Lol. My neighbor just found a 2013 Highlander fully loaded for $21,000 with 16,000 miles on it. GL with the vehicle search :)
Sarah.shannon
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Thank you. We will have two infant seats a toddler seat and a boster. I am having twins.

Quoting mnkymommy08: I have a Nissan Armada and I love it!! We have 4 kids ages 8 months-6 yrs old. There's plenty of space in the back for stroller, groceries, backpacks etc. I drove it from Ft Bliss TX (El Paso) to Rockingham NC, from Rockingham NC to Plymouth MA and then out to Ft Sill OK this summer and it was awesome. The kids have plenty of room on the seats even with them being in boosters and the baby in an infant seat. Mine is a 2013 but when I bought it in October of last year we had no debt other than DH's car payment and with our tax refund we paid off what was left on DH's car. My payments are only $269 a month but I put a substantial down payment on it. If you are looking for something. That's better on gas and not as expensive I would suggest the Honda Pilot or the Toyota Highlander. Both sre pretty similar to each other as far as amenities go but the Highlander tends to be a bit cheaper. They both get wonderful gas mileage and have tons of cool stock options. Plus they both last forever. Lol. My neighbor just found a 2013 Highlander fully loaded for $21,000 with 16,000 miles on it. GL with the vehicle search :)
addiesmommy1109
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I have a 2010 dodge caravan. It has lots of space for our family of 5 but there is only 3 tether anchors for forward facing seats available.
MandaMom23
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Toyota Highlander has a lot of room and third row seating.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM
We have a ford windstar. Fits 5 kids with seats comfortably plus room for groceries and other things.
mnkymommy08
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Your welcome. We have 3 boosters and an infant seat but we just found out we are expecting #5 in April. So that means two convertible seats and 3 boosters. Congrats on your twins. Identical or fraternal?

Quoting Sarah.shannon: Thank you. We will have two infant seats a toddler seat and a boster. I am having twins.

Quoting mnkymommy08: I have a Nissan Armada and I love it!! We have 4 kids ages 8 months-6 yrs old. There's plenty of space in the back for stroller, groceries, backpacks etc. I drove it from Ft Bliss TX (El Paso) to Rockingham NC, from Rockingham NC to Plymouth MA and then out to Ft Sill OK this summer and it was awesome. The kids have plenty of room on the seats even with them being in boosters and the baby in an infant seat. Mine is a 2013 but when I bought it in October of last year we had no debt other than DH's car payment and with our tax refund we paid off what was left on DH's car. My payments are only $269 a month but I put a substantial down payment on it. If you are looking for something. That's better on gas and not as expensive I would suggest the Honda Pilot or the Toyota Highlander. Both sre pretty similar to each other as far as amenities go but the Highlander tends to be a bit cheaper. They both get wonderful gas mileage and have tons of cool stock options. Plus they both last forever. Lol. My neighbor just found a 2013 Highlander fully loaded for $21,000 with 16,000 miles on it. GL with the vehicle search :)
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I wish I knew what car and what year model to tell you. I know nothing about cars. Congrats on your family getting bigger. ;) 

AHmom103
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't give advice on what kind, but get the newest you can afford comfortably. I only have 2 kids, and I drive a mid size car, so I'm not much help as far as what would be best for a large family. Although, my SIL drives a Tahoe, and she loves it. She can put 3 kids in boosters and one in a front facing car seat in there comfortably.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM

We have a Dodge Caravan and it is awesome. We have 3 kids. 2 booster seats and an infant carseat and still plenty of room.

Sarah.shannon
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Faternal

Quoting mnkymommy08: Your welcome. We have 3 boosters and an infant seat but we just found out we are expecting #5 in April. So that means two convertible seats and 3 boosters. Congrats on your twins. Identical or fraternal?

Quoting Sarah.shannon: Thank you. We will have two infant seats a toddler seat and a boster. I am having twins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)