Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did your baby's pediatrician give for acid reflux? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 17 Replies
My 1 month old DS has been experiencing symptoms of acid reflux. What did your child's pediatrician do for their acid reflux?
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM
They had me give the formula with the added rice. Enfamil a.r., it's thicker and did seem to make a difference. With my oldest they prescribed an acid reducer but I never have it to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love_H523
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Does that have cows milk in it? My son is on Nutramigen because he's allergic to cows
Milk. Why didn't you give your oldest the reducer?
Quoting jella31: They had me give the formula with the added rice. Enfamil a.r., it's thicker and did seem to make a difference. With my oldest they prescribed an acid reducer but I never have it to her.
jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM
I'm not sure about the milk, i would assume so though. With my oldest I felt weird about giving her a medication so young and early. We tried a lot of formulas with her including the nutrimegan. I think the gentlease is what se settled on

Quoting Love_H523: Does that have cows milk in it? My son is on Nutramigen because he's allergic to cows
Quoting jella31: They had me give the formula with the added rice. Enfamil a.r., it's thicker and did seem to make a difference. With my oldest they prescribed an acid reducer but I never have it to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love_H523
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Similac sensitive and gentlease have my little
Man diarrhea like you wouldn't believe which led
Us to the Nutramigen (sp) and it's worked but now he's developed the AR
Quoting jella31: I'm not sure about the milk, i would assume so though. With my oldest I felt weird about giving her a medication so young and early. We tried a lot of formulas with her including the nutrimegan. I think the gentlease is what se settled on

Quoting Love_H523: Does that have cows milk in it? My son is on Nutramigen because he's allergic to cows
jella31
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Awww poor guy! Have you tried the soy one? That one worked for a bit too. Hope you get it figured out!

Quoting Love_H523: Similac sensitive and gentlease have my little
Quoting jella31: I'm not sure about the milk, i would assume so though. With my oldest I felt weird about giving her a medication so young and early. We tried a lot of formulas with her including the nutrimegan. I think the gentlease is what se settled on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love_H523
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Yep he was on prosoybee for about a week and it made him severely constipated
Quoting jella31: Awww poor guy! Have you tried the soy one? That one worked for a bit too. Hope you get it figured out!

Quoting Love_H523: Similac sensitive and gentlease have my little

AHmom103
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM

My ped didn't say anything about it, I addressed it on my own as soon as I suspected it was an issue. I switched my daughter to Enfamil AR, or at least the generic form of it, and it made a huge difference. The weird thing is, the reflux didn't start until I stopped nursing her and put her on formula.

Love_H523
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Is these family AR made with cows milk
Quoting AHmom103:

My ped didn't say anything about it, I addressed it on my own as soon as I suspected it was an issue. I switched my daughter to Enfamil AR, or at least the generic form of it, and it made a huge difference. The weird thing is, the reflux didn't start until I stopped nursing her and put her on formula.

AHmom103
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I honestly have no idea. We never had reason to suspect issues with cows milk, so I never paid much attention.

Quoting Love_H523: Is these family AR made with cows milk
Quoting AHmom103:

Love_H523
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM
DS is allergic to the cows milk :/
Quoting AHmom103:

I honestly have no idea. We never had reason to suspect issues with cows milk, so I never paid much attention.

Quoting Love_H523: Is these family AR made with cows milk
Quoting AHmom103:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)