Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medicine!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
My son has his first ear infection, he's 16 months old & it is SO hard to get the medicine down! Any tricks?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Mix in applesauce or yogurt?
BriannaKirby
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM
He won't eat anything right now and I wasn't sure if mixing it would take away from the medicine.
mysticlily
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:39 PM

My daughter has had many of them before her tubes were put in, some she would take and some I'd have to mask in stuff. I use to and still sometimes have to mix it with a little juice, just a little because too much they will not drink. I used to mix it with a little ice cream as a "treat". You can also try masking it with chocolate syrup. She just had to take medicine for a UTI and she didn't like the taste and I had it flavored like bubble gum but she still wouldn't take it, so I mixed it with a little milk and a lot of chocolate syrup to mask it and she drank it. Also what if you let him try to give it to himself like a "big boy"?

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

If you can get a medicine dropper, get his mouth open and run the dropper along his cheek as far back as you can and shoot the medicine towards the back of the throat. My kids were awful with medicine for the longest time. I hope your little bud is feeling better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)