Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Supplies.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Hey guys!
I've read a lot of complaining on CM when it comes to school supplies. So I was just curious what you guys have to buy for you kids. Do you think it's too much or are you okay with the list? Does your kids school do a pooling of the supplies? I am good with the lists, it doesn't seem like a lot to me and they do pool some items which doesn't bother me. I screenshotted the lists to show what we have to get!
Also do you buy your kids a new backpack every year or do thet reuse it until they need a new one? I'm just curious. My husband got a new one every year and I reused until I needed a new one. So my kids reuse theres.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM
My kids get a new back pack and lunch box every year.

I think kindergarten is the only year that most of the supplies are pooled together.

I didn't think the supply lists were bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoluvmylilboy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

My son is going to kindergarten this year, i got his supply list this morning. It wasn't as bad as i thought, this is my first time having to buy school supplies. As far as a new backpack, I think i'll buy him a new bookbag and lunch box too.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Mobile Photo

I have a kindergartner, 2nd grader and a 5th grader this year. I think our lists are very reasonable.

I bought my kids backpacks that will last through all of elementary school.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I just got my sons kinder list and it was pretty basic.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

My son's list for 4K:

Community supplies:
1 bottle of Elmer's School Glue
1 box of chubby crayons
1 box of 8 or 10 washable markers
2 two-pocket folders
Clorox wipes
1 plastic folder with three prongs

The only things he needs for himself that the class won't be sharing is a backpack and a 12" X 10" folder.

I don't think it's too much, it's the shortest list out of all of the different schools and different grades for our area. My son will be getting a new backpack since it's his first year of school. He'll probably re-use it until he needs a new one.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:35 AM

To me it wasn't to much! It is something they need I will get it for them. :) I don't need to complain my daughter will be in a good school learning which is why she is in school. :) 

HisUsmcWifey
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:44 AM

My DD's list for 2nd grade was WAY more than that, and yes i'm more than fine with it. They ask for supplies because they need them. I've seen teachers coming out of their own pockets for supplies and so they can do things with their kids and they shouldn't have to. School costs money and people need to stop bitching about that and just buy the supplies their kids need.

Gianna gets a new bookbag and lunchbox every year.

Mommy to Gianna born 12/5/2006 and Karalynn coming 1/12/2015
 photo 10321729_10152360119389724_2604526900089267765_o.jpg
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)