Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!!!! NEED POTTY TRAINING TIPS AND TRICKS!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm trying to potty train my 2 year old Morgan, and its the most frustrating thing ever. I have tried the underwear with pull up on top,I have tried just underwear,I have tried no bottoms at all and it seems like she is just holding it. I need a concrete way to potty train her that is sure fire to work. I know its not gonna happen over night but I just need some tips from my fellow mommies!!!!
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Amber1225
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Try getting one of those really cool potties :) and encourage her to use it! Also be sure to give her tons of praise after using the potty. But don't rush her into it, it May delay it even more. Good luck!!!
k9l1c5
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I'm no help but am going through the same thing! My daughter just turned 2 today. I don't think she is really ready for the potty yet though. She doesn't act like she has much interest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4bbmommy
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM
So my son is getting ready to turn three in 2 weeks. Ive tried on and off over the last year with potty training. If it really doesnt seem like they are understanding then they just arent ready. But what finally worked for Aidyn (hes not potty trained at night or anything. I have no idea how to do that) was the reward system. I just got a big bag of m&ms and put them in a Tupperware container. Told him when he went peepee on the potty he could have two m&ms. And I got fun sized candy bars for going poop on the potty. But my kids dont get a lot of sweets so it worked like a charm
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM

We used a lollipop reward system, let her pick out her own undies at the store, and skipped pull-ups (kids learn they are just diapers and get lazy). Once she held it all day because "it takes too long to go potty" so i put the potty in the living room and she sat there until she went.

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM

This is also true. Pushing training before they are ready can actually hinder the process, cause potty training regression later, and make it harder to train when she is ready. 

Quoting Amber1225: Try getting one of those really cool potties :) and encourage her to use it! Also be sure to give her tons of praise after using the potty. But don't rush her into it, it May delay it even more. Good luck!!!

SourRoses
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM
I used a sticker chart.

also, she's two, if she isn't showing progress, stop for a month or two and re try. If she's not ready, nothing you do will work until she is.

eta

I also used a schedule. Sit on the potty right when they wake up, right before nap and bed, right after nap and basically every two hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)