Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

age appropriate chores

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
what are some age appropriate chores for a 2 1/2 yr old? my oldest is 6 and does things like fold laundry, pick up trash,help unload the dish washer and load it, put dirty clothes in the hamper. things like that. we'll my youngest is trying to help but she can't do all those things! do you have any suggestions? we don't have pets so she can't do anything like that.
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kristaok
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM

If there are light things in the dryer, maybe she can help you get those. Also maybe she can pickup some toys or anything in the floor. Be creative, don't worry if they make a mess, it's how kids learn.

Retrokitty
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM
At 2 just cleaning up after herself. Pickup up toys, putting away dishes. She can help with putting laundry and the washer and dryer. Help with cooking etc.
rachel216
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM
she helps with cleaning their room.and we have her help carry in groceries ..the laundry thing is a good idea! I don't want her to help cook bc we have gas but make if I get things that need to be mixed!? thanks ladies
kristaok
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Yes, I think if you had her to help you bake cookies, brownies, cakes, stuff like that. :)

mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM

My dd is 2 1/2 and she helps me with the laundry and cleaning up their toys. She also likes to help mommy "sweep" which I think is adorable. Also, if she sees me dusting she has to have her own towel to help out.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Google "child chore list by age", so many ideas! :)
rachel216
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
thanks ladies! great ideas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)