Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you bake?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM
  • 47 Replies

Tell me what you like to bake in the fall season! It is just around the corner we all need to get in our baking moods! :) 

So show me a picture or share a recipes(also don't forget to put the recipes in the forum) 

Make us hungry this morning! ;) 

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Love apple crisp! My baking apple of choice is Haralson.

I usually make cream cheese pumpkin rolls and scarecrow bars. I found the scarecrow bar recipe on pinterest, it is from Land o Lakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM

woo looks like I will be doing some pinterest research lol thanks for sharing 

Quoting Stephanie116: Love apple crisp! My baking apple of choice is Haralson. I usually make cream cheese pumpkin rolls and scarecrow bars. I found the scarecrow bar recipe on pinterest, it is from Land o Lakes.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I do! I usually make ESP cookies - 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies that are easy to make and bake and taste so good my family calls them "Crack Cookies" LOL.

1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter. Mix together well and shape into walnut-sized balls. Place 2inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork (I dip it in sugar to prevent sticking and add some extra crisp to the cookie tops) in criss-crossed pattern. Bake at 350 for 8-10min. Cool completely before removing. Yields about 3 dozen cookies.

You can also put this dough into a cookie press instead and they turn out beautifully. I used leaf-shaped cutters and sprinkled them with colored sugar before, too, to make some really pretty fall treats.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM

mmm those sound good! 

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I do! I usually make ESP cookies - 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies that are easy to make and bake and taste so good my family calls them "Crack Cookies" LOL.

1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter. Mix together well and shape into walnut-sized balls. Place 2inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork (I dip it in sugar to prevent sticking and add some extra crisp to the cookie tops) in criss-crossed pattern. Bake at 350 for 8-10min. Cool completely before removing. Yields about 3 dozen cookies.

You can also put this dough into a cookie press instead and they turn out beautifully. I used leaf-shaped cutters and sprinkled them with colored sugar before, too, to make some really pretty fall treats.

Anonymously3
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM

We live making

zucchini bread

zucchini cookies

apple crisp

zucchini crisp 

Apple muffins

pumpkin rolls

breads

zucchini cinnamon rolls

I can post recipes later

mysticlily
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I love to bake especially for the fall because I love pumpkin. I really want to try the following recipe and I will at some point!!

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Ingredients 
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking spray or just spray the cups with cooking spray. Either of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked. Paper liners make it difficult to remove the cupcakes.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

wooo I can't to see the recipes 

Quoting Anonymously3:

We live making

zucchini bread

zucchini cookies

apple crisp

zucchini crisp 

Apple muffins

pumpkin rolls

breads

zucchini cinnamon rolls

I can post recipes later

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:38 AM
I love baking. I just made zucchini bread and banana bread the other day.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Normally just pumpkin pies, pumpkin roll... any pumpkin recipe I can find lol.

Anonymously3
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Quoting mama2b100808:

wooo I can't to see the recipes 

Quoting Anonymously3:

We live making

zucchini bread-

Mom’s Zucchini Bread Recipe

This is my MASTER zucchini recipe for mom. No need to look further. I’ve tried couple of Zucchini recipes, and this one is among the BEST.

I do half and half oil/applesauce and substitute and reduce to 2 cups of sugar – plenty sweet! ( warning: usually less sugar is more healthy ) :)

Anyway, 1 cup brown sugar for the white. The brown sugar adds so much more richness and depth of flavor than just using all white sugar. I did start using at least 3 cups zucchini. It melts and disappears into the bread and all you end up tasting is the cinnamon. So 3-4 cups is best, with true zucchini flavor. It won’t be green, trust me. No nuts needed or draining/squeezing out the zucchini either. The water adds to the moistness of the bread. 55 min. cook time for me. I did 60 min. the first time and it wasn’t as moist.

Alright, here is the original recipe submitted by vmonte:

Ingredients To Prepare:

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Step By Step Instructions:

1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  3. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  4. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.
  5. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
  6. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  7. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
  8. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

I use bread Flour I like it better that way.you can also add a crumb topping.1/4c brown sugar,1/4c flour (regular) cinnamon,sugar,and 1/4c butter mix And add at the last 20minutes

zucchini cookies

apple crisp

zucchini crisp 

Apple muffins

pumpkin rolls

breads

zucchini cinnamon rolls

I can post recipes later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN