Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am I crazy or does this sound off

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM
  • 20 Replies
I just switched my daughters daycare bc we moved counties. they are 6and 2. the current daycare is a church so they are not licensed. we've been there about 2week's now since the 13th of this month. and my oldest seems to like it but she also likes having religion(I'm not religious). my youngest however isn't liking this daycare. she is completely potty trained and has been for awhile like 19-20months she was potty trained. since being there she has peed her clothes 2 Times! she has had several injuries ranging from the swing pinching her arm to her chin being busted (has a goose egg with a good bruis) and has cut her toes open a couple of times. and now this morning she didn't want to go or see her teachers. my dd use to love going to see her teachers. idk if this is bc this daycare is still new or if there's something going on! not to mention in the parents packet it states that "your children's nutritional needs is your responsibility" ....how would you feel?
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amber1225
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Um seems a little fishy. If possible, pop up one day and see what's going on. Or Invest in a nanny can and record her day! It could be she is just having a hard time with change. but there could be other issues going on. Just because it's at a church, doesn't mean it's the best quality of care. Are there any other local child cares in your area? I work in a private school with children from six weeks-fifth grade and there are hardly ever any injuries, even with the age gaps in the classes. Shouldn't the 6yr old be in kindergarten?
rachel216
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quoting Amber1225: Um seems a little fishy. If possible, pop up one day and see what's going on. Or Invest in a nanny can and record her day! It could be she is just having a hard time with change. but there could be other issues going on. Just because it's at a church, doesn't mean it's the best quality of care. Are there any other local child cares in your area? I work in a private school with children from six weeks-fifth grade and there are hardly ever any injuries, even with the age gaps in the classes. Shouldn't the 6yr old be in kindergarten?

my 6 yr old is in first grade but goes to daycare before and after school. their is no other daycare in my county their is a preschool BUT it doesn't have the hours I need and won't accept my 6yr old. the only private school that was in town shut down as well. I can move her to!a different county it will just take some time ..I think I'll do random pop ins and maybe the nanny cam
Amber1225
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Before moving her I would do the pop ins and definitely get the cam. They may be a little pricey. But if any negligence or wrong doings is going on in the class it will be worth it. You must live in a small town with only a church daycare and one preschool! Lol our city has at least thirty day cares and many private schools. Does the elementary not offer an after school or before school program,?

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting Amber1225: Um seems a little fishy. If possible, pop up one day and see what's going on. Or Invest in a nanny can and record her day! It could be she is just having a hard time with change. but there could be other issues going on. Just because it's at a church, doesn't mean it's the best quality of care. Are there any other local child cares in your area? I work in a private school with children from six weeks-fifth grade and there are hardly ever any injuries, even with the age gaps in the classes. Shouldn't the 6yr old be in kindergarten?

my 6 yr old is in first grade but goes to daycare before and after school. their is no other daycare in my county their is a preschool BUT it doesn't have the hours I need and won't accept my 6yr old. the only private school that was in town shut down as well. I can move her to!a different county it will just take some time ..I think I'll do random pop ins and maybe the nanny cam
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM

It could be she is just not adjusting to the change well if she really enjoyed the other place. My concern would be, how is she getting hurt so much if they are watching her.  It shouldnt matter that she isnt comfortable there---they should still be watching her to be sure she isnt getting hurt---is there a child that is hitting or knocking her down?  I dont think you could use a nanny cam-I would really doubt they would let you set it up in their establishment.  I would be concerned if my child wasnt happy in the place she has to spend the entire day.  Make an unannounced visit and see whats going on.  Keep us posted!

rachel216
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quoting peanuteb:

It could be she is just not adjusting to the change well if she really enjoyed the other place. My concern would be, how is she getting hurt so much if they are watching her.  It shouldnt matter that she isnt comfortable there---they should still be watching her to be sure she isnt getting hurt---is there a child that is hitting or knocking her down?  I dont think you could use a nanny cam-I would really doubt they would let you set it up in their establishment.  I would be concerned if my child wasnt happy in the place she has to spend the entire day.  Make an unannounced visit and see whats going on.  Keep us posted!

it's not another kid...the teachers say it's her falling or slipping or whatever but never about another kid. I wish I could upload the picture I took this morning. ..she looks so upset almost scared! she didn't even look up at anyone this morning when I got her in her room. she only let go of me and sat down at the table to eat breakfast when I told her I'd sit with her for a min. then it was time for me to go and her teacher scooted her chair closer to her and that's when I got the picture of her looking scared/ really up set
hannmc14
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:45 AM

That seems like a lot of accidents to happen in 2 weeks. I would definitely be investigating to find out what is going on. I think I would start looking into a different daycare for sure. If they aren't intentionally hurting her than they certainly are not supervising her well enough. 

KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I do "trial runs" at daycares before committing to one. I also pop in a few times without notice and just walk around and observe. If they aren't okay with it, they aren't the daycare for me. So far, no one has objected.

I would be on high alert, dear. Very high alert. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I'd be concerned. Especially with the amount of injuries. I worked daycare for awhile and while some boo boos are normal they should not be an ongoing thing.

rachel216
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM
thanks ladies...I'm looking for a new daycare. ..yesterday they had a baby napping ON THE FLOOR! the baby was probably anywhere from 10-18months old. .it honestly blew my mind I almost started yelling at them for it.
cupcake_mom
by KT on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Are both the kids in the same room? It could be that it's still new to her. She could be having a little anxiety. You should do a pop in visit.
As far as nutritional needs being on you I 100% agree with that. I require my parents to provide meals and snacks for their kids(I'm an in home care giver)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)