Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i cant let it show... thats why i am here.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

i am so upset, but i cant let it show... thats why i am here... venting. :"( so my son and daughters birthdays are exactly a month apart he will be 3 oct 26 she on nov 26. this year they will have separate birthdays so she can have her firs special day ll for her. next year they will have conjoined birthdays two weeks after his birthday will be two weeks before hers and whatever we do will .be then, weather is just diner, just cake, or a party. well my son is in love with tmnt... so he is finally getting his tmnt party since it will be his last (for now) all his day and we are going to johns incredible pizza (i am doing this the saturay before i dont like doing partys on sundays...) we are paying for all the children and adults just pay for themselves since it can get expensive for some families (bil has 7 children) this date has been set for months ve pretty much told everyone. i dont care if someone cant make it.. it happens and not everyone always shows. just to clear that up.. ok so 2 weeks ago we had n end of summer bbq.. i told my sil about the party that we will pay for her kids and when it was. now she has invited everyone to her place saying her son will be getting baptized that day and they will have the party for him after at her place. the baptism isnt even set in the church yet... i created an event on fb inviting everyone (sil doesnt have one and a few other people, we will tell them and everything tho.) and my other sil told me (now her girls are who my son callshis best friends..) she probably wont go her husbands godsons birthday is that day and the baptism is this day too... she isnt asking to have me change it but why not do it sunday so it is o his birthday. i have had this date set and have told her about it, have old other sil about it.... everyone thats invited we have told about it. its just now that we are getting invites out. sunday we are doing something with ds as a family my dh gets up early for work on monday, that is (partly) why it is on saturday... this makes me so upset... i mean we wont have to pay as much money because just paying for  nieces and nephews my kid sister one cousin and one friends child will be 237$ and thats not with us... i am very irked right now :/

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM

((HUGS)) it was very rude of her to decide to do a party for the baptism that day when she knew you were doing the birthday party. It sounds like to me she was jealous and wants the family focusing on HER baby, not yours, so she did this on purpose. It's also rude for the family who were all invited to the birthday first to now back out to go to that instead.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hugs. Sorry your dealing with that.

newmomma1111
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM

thing is he isnt a baby anymore he is about to be 6 and she has been talking about baptizing him for two years now. she hasnt even set anything up with the church... so who knows if she will get that day. im glad my mil has taken a stand with me tho bevcause she has been with me in the planning foe MONTHS so she told me that if sil (the one who is doing the baptism) asks her to watch her other kids she will tell her no. another sister in law has said they arent going now, so mil said since they are comadres that she can have her watch her kids. sounds mean but mil is upset that she has done this.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

((HUGS)) it was very rude of her to decide to do a party for the baptism that day when she knew you were doing the birthday party. It sounds like to me she was jealous and wants the family focusing on HER baby, not yours, so she did this on purpose. It's also rude for the family who were all invited to the birthday first to now back out to go to that instead.

newmomma1111
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

thank you, i know tho, even if absolutely nobody shows up he will have so much fun. but i know people will come my sisters and parents and s/o parents and some of our friends with children will be there for sure

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Hugs. Sorry your dealing with that.

otoole
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Don't worry about sil. You always get someone who wants to take the spotlight away from your plans. Go ahead with your plans and enjoy it. I bet she won't even have the baptism that day.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Wow. That's nuts.
newmomma1111
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM

im not worried just a bit upset.. last year she decided to get remarried the weekend of my s/o 21 birthday. we were going to have a big party for him but had to cancel it because of the wedding. and now this... and shes mad at me for having my sons birthday party the day before his birthday

Quoting otoole: Don't worry about sil. You always get someone who wants to take the spotlight away from your plans. Go ahead with your plans and enjoy it. I bet she won't even have the baptism that day.

newmomma1111
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 2:28 PM

i know... she said basically if i have to have it that day. whyh did i have to do it at that time (4:30) i should have done it sooner so that they could have been able to go. im sorry i didnt know what time her party was (i honestly didnt s/o had it on his phone i never knew the time) i put it at that time thinking they might be able to come based off when my son was baptised. but her party starts at 5. and im sorry im not having my sons birthday thing at 1200 and have him have his birthday dinner at someone elses party its not fair for him. if their party is still going on we will go after but i dont want it interfereing with my sons day.

Quoting Courtney610: Wow. That's nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN