Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Does having a baby still allow getting a higher education?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:57 AM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Can you combine having a baby and studying?

Options:

Sure, with no problems

Possibly, but you will have to sacrifice your classes quite often

Maybe, but you will be tired all the time

No, having a baby is a full time job

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Hi everyone! I'm trying to conceive a baby with my husband. I'm also thinking about getting a college degree. Do you think it is possible to manage both having a baby and studying?

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I have two and one on the way and I'm getting my education. It takes work but so does everything in life worth having.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Aurabella on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
It is, but purposely planning a child before you have an education is ridiculous. Get the education first, then have a baby. An accidental child is one thing, but planning it is something totally different. College is hard, and takes money. Having a child is hard and takes money. A lot of things can go wrong during a pregnancy, I'm currently on bed rest, and was readmitted to the hospital for the third time last night. What happens if your husband looses his job, or you do, if you're working, or the baby is born sick? All things to consider. I had an education before I had children. I know I'm fully able to provide for them on my own, and if something happens, I can be at home with them without worrying about school or having to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoluvmylilboy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Yes you can but you have to work for it. It will be hard but you have to put the effort in if you really want it. lol just read the bottom of your post. I think you should get your degree first! and then ttc a baby, it's going to be hard and at times you may put school on the back burner. I would wait until i got my degree if i were you. But you do what you think is best for you.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I think it is more then possible. Best of luck to you!

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:30 PM

It's definitely possible, just a lot more difficult.

DylsMom12
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM

yes online is best ...I am going to a community college..I first went to kapalna university online...but if you can afford it then go.  that way you can stay home with baby and do your work. but now at the school im in i have 2 online 2 on campus....mine is 19 months..do  work when he sleeps. b4 you know it will be graduation time

gooberholic
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
It is possible. I'm graduating with my BA currently and expecting my first. In addition I'll be continuing with my Masters right after he's born.
Thejsreborn
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I have 3 kids and am about to graduate with a bachelor's degree. It is definitely possible, but it's hard.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM
It's possible.
Stephanie116
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Definitely possible! We have 4 kids and my dh just graduated with his bachelor's degree. He went full time while working full time and helping around the house. Time management will be key. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN